Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

"Cheap" Organik streamer

Discussion in 'Interesting eBay auctions' started by Richard Lines, Aug 31, 2022.

1. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Wolfmancatsup likes this.
  2. Shane2468

Shane2468 pfm Member

For the fool and his money!

S.

3. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Shane - you have an issue with Linn streamers??

Regards

Richard

4. Shane2468

Shane2468 pfm Member

I have an issue with overpriced HiFi. People mainly buy it, for status and ego boost. Didn't you know that?

S.

narabdela likes this.
  5. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

I'm sure there are some on the forum who might think that statement was a somewhat wide ranging generalisation???

Regards

Richard

6. narabdela

narabdela who?

"Some" being the operative word.

Shane2468 likes this.
  7. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

It is a phenomenal sounding piece of kit… I don’t have a spare £10k though.

8. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

Nor do I.

I'm not defending Linn's pricing policies.

Their Akurate DS/3 was good, the Klimax leaves it for dead though. I haven't taken the opportunity to listen to the Organik upgrade, a deliberate choice as I don't doubt it would sound better.

I'm 65yrs old now and there is still work to do on the house before I retire so earnings have to be spent in that direction as enough is being spent on hi-fi as it is........:rolleyes:

linnfomaniac83 likes this.
  9. linnfomaniac83

linnfomaniac83 I bet you can’t wheelie a unicycle!

I’ve heard both the next generation Klimax DSM and the Organik Exaktbox… both incredible, hard to explain other than to say it’s impossible to fault, pricing aside of course. It’s totally beyond my means… maybe a Katalyst Renew DS will come my way at some point, I’d be very happy with that.

10. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

You know you want it ( hell, I want it)….

11. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

As a say fortunately it is in silver so I'm not tempted - sonically it makes sod all difference but as everything else is black........ err except the ModuShop based Avondale amplifiers..........

Now if somebody wants to make me a sensible offer for a 2020 model Klimax System Hub in black.................

If I replace it with an identical black box Kate might never notice.........;)

Regards

Richard

12. jonnypsvinyl

jonnypsvinyl pfm Member

Why is this “half price” when a secondhand DS1 is £3.5k and the upgrade £5.4k? Looks about £2k overs to me….

If it betters the DS3 it will be a great bit of kit though!

13. Richard Lines

Richard Lines pfm Member

It is a DS/3 fitted with the Organik upgrade and 5 yr warranty!!! Can you get an Organik upgrade on a DS/1?

In wish I hadn't posted this now :(

Regards

Richard

14. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

It’s a mighty bit of kit. Not sure what I’ve spent on mine over the years, but the Organik is amazing. Is there a KDS Katalyst Renew? I think they stopped the Renew option at DS2?

coupe-sport likes this.
  15. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

Box says requires Linn dealer installation- is it definitely not plug and play?

16. Nero

Nero Don’t call me Bud

It’s pretty easy to install if you know uPnP stuff. Doesn’t need a dealer install