advertisement

Cheap Android Tablets

UKSwede

pfm Member
Any good recommendations for cheap tablets 10inch or so. I want one to control my squeezebox so does not actually need the 3G radio in it. I have seen lots on ebay from about £50,but does anyone have any experience with these as they seem so cheap. But if they work to do the job who cares,why spend 10x as much on an ipad....

Thanks for your reply
These seem more than £100 any dirt cheap ones that are OK. i heard some cheap ones dont even have google play,I need to able to downloads apps just like my Samsung Galaxy 3, I asking too much

Thanks for your reply
These seem more than £100 any dirt cheap ones that are OK. i heard some cheap ones dont even have google play,I need to able to downloads apps just like my Samsung Galaxy 3, I asking too much

If its Android i find it most unusual they don't having Google Play. You just need to download the app for it.

Only Android devices that fit with Google's compatibility requirements and sign an agreement with Google can get to run the closed-source Play app. I think its the really cheap resistive screen 500MHz ish ones you see for £60 or so are excluded in an attempt to claw back fragmentation issues.

Be carefully as the cheap ones tend to have poor unresponsive screens. Could easily drive you mad. I got a advent Vega now running honey ice from tabletroms and its really good but the screen is not as good as my iPhone or a friends expensive tablet. Mine was £130

advertisement

Back