advertisement

Cheap and good dac for Apple TV?

kristoffer

Danish Hi Fi NERD
Does anyone know of a cheap dac for the apple tv?
I am thinking under 200 pounds...
How would the MF V Dac fare? :)

With a first generation apple tv, using optical, into a creek destiny integrated amp, I tried the vdac alongside a dacmagic and settled on the dacmagic very quickly so perhaps consider that one as well.

I'm using an AppleTV 2 in my third system and just went for a cheap modern DAC from eBay - this one. Having owned a VDAC previously, this sounds just as good (to me in my system) for a fraction of the price.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I'm using an AppleTV 2 in my third system and just went for a cheap modern DAC from eBay - this one. Having owned a VDAC previously, this sounds just as good (to me in my system) for a fraction of the price.

I've got one of these too, it's astoundingly good for the price! It's not as good as my Chevron auidio dac at 20 times the price, but for using with an apple TV it's just fine.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I use a v-dac. They've come down a lot in price recently, but, being honest, I'd have to say there's not mega differences between budget (and perhaps also expensive) DACs.

I bought a Beresford Caiman via their ebay site for £200 for my macbook based system and it's great. I didn't have the time, opportunity or inclination to demo lots of DACs so the clincher for me was that it seems well reported on and has a full sized headphone socket for my old but worthy Beyers.

advertisement

Back