advertisement

Chc power supplies for naim

Gnasher

My system comprises of naim cdx2 naim 282 hicap 135s I recently tried xps dr power supply and the new hicap dr
Also chc xps and chc supercap just wondering if any one out there as checked this gear out

I have a linn sondek with ekos trokia lingo the cartridge has been rebuilt with the cartridge man 6 years ago it still sounds not bad but not reveling enough any ideas with without spending a bomb

Power supplies for naim head amp which is going through naim 282 do they make a great difference or spend money on new cartridge ?

Not sure what your speakers are but another/rebuild cartridge, a Nac 52/psu and CDS level might cure the issue

No idea what Chc powersuppplies are

Yes, thanks’ Markus - I was starting to wonder if I was suffering from a senior moment!

Haven't a clue as to the PS question - but irrespective, after 6 years the cartridge will definitely need another rebuild (assuming it has been used regularly - or even occasionally).

Edit: by 'Naim headamp' I presume the OP means phono stage. If so, then the answer is yes, power supplies make a difference (not exactly a revelation there) - however, a worn out cartridge should be more of a priority.

any ideas with without spending a bomb

Depends what you consider a 'bomb' to be?

I bought a CHC PSU for my Bel Canto DAC1.5.
CHC built this to spec and order for me and the service and resulting power supply were both faultless.

Any more people using these in the last 2 years?

New to me and seeing as TP gets so much adulation in these parts am I to presume that the CHCs don't cut the mustard?

SJB

Looking at the one picture CHC has of their 'Supercap', it really does look put together with a very high standard of build. One thing that struck me it that the common earth that ties into each of the seven voltage regulator boards is a big chunky metal bar instead of the (?22ga) skinny wire that is found even in the 552PS. If similar attention to detail is to be found elsewhere, I would imagine this could be quite a formidable power supply. And the price certainly is very competitive. The case is a little generic and unbling, but most of the money looks like it went on the insides-which is a good thing.

I also approve of the option to use Mundorf filter caps...not only do these have lower ESR than the standard BHC/Aerovox, but probably have greater longevity-and the extra cost of using them would be offset by improved sound and a greater time interval between servicing/recapping.

advertisement

Back