advertisement

' Chartwell ' LS3/5a

I'd be able to buy a vintage tube integrated at say $50 and compare it to a $10.000 solid state amp - and the cheaper tube amp would win out.

Surely anyone with a background in audio, as one would expect of the aforementioned Stirling Audio; would be more clued up about the values of both new & vintage amplifiers than to suggest the possibility of buying a vintage tube amp for £50. Add a nought on to that as a minimum'd be nearer the mark. In fact: show me a valve amp for £50 and I'll mail you the money right now...
Guess that was just a figure plucked out the air and was meant to imply an amplifier valued at the absolute bottom end of the market - £50 is no more feasible than £free in my experience....

As many probably know, the Chartwell name is used by Graham Audio for their new LS3/5 loudspeakers.
Much discussed, but no-one on this Forum had heard a pair...

As many probably know, the Chartwell name is used by Graham Audio for their new LS3/5 loudspeakers.
Much discussed, but no-one on this Forum had heard a pair...

There is a pair of Graham LS3/5s for sale ( with stands ) for £1000 here on PFM Classifieds.
Rather tempting...

advertisement

Back