advertisement

Changing an ol1 tonearm cable????

Mike g

pfm Member
I have an origin live ol1 tonearm on my technics 1210. The tonearm cable is 2 metres long and I find it a littlesoft to listen to. So with no answers through google...how easy is it to change the cable? Do I need a cable with a particular type of connection?

I know nothing about these things but happy to do some basic diy. Therefore any advice greatly appreciated......

lo M

if thats the rega type Ol arm then the arm cable is tricky to change...

i cant remmebr if its a one piece loom ...i got a feeling its a soldered conection ...so great care is needed in either case

what sort of external cable did you have in mind?

bw
j7

Mike, I'm not saying that you are wrong, but what makes you so sure that it is the arm cable that is giving the negative quality that you describe?

To be honest I just fancied having a tinker with it if it was easy to change. As it might involve some actual skill on my part I'll probably leave well alone. Immight though shorten down the 2m leads given my tt sits just ahelf that I have my phononstage on.

I got an 'Incognito' one and it's longwinded to change but not that hard. The counterweight mod from OL was a much better improvement though.

As far as I remember it is a soldered connection but you won,t have much room to play with and if you pull the lead out to far you are likely to snap the arm wires and this could hapen half way up the tone-arm so be carefull. If you do fancy a go OL do a few cable up-grades.

advertisement

Back