Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Celestion KR2 co-ax speakers. Gig bag. New drivers. £65. pr

Discussion in 'musical instruments' started by Markie, Aug 17, 2022.

1. Markie

Markie pfm Member

I have 2 pairs of the above speakers. They were produced by Celestion perhaps 20 years ago for installation or small PA use. They have an 8" woofer with 2 x co-axial tweeters. Rated at 100 watts rms each.

During lockdown one I bought a quantity of the correct spare drivers from the Celestion distributor which were brand new/old stock, and both pairs have these fitted.

As an experiment I built new crossovers for 1 pair. Basically I copied the original crossover but upgraded the components, to high quality polypropylene caps and inductors wound from 1.2mm wire instead of the original which was 0.7mm.

Both pairs come in a heavy duty padded gig bag, and come with adaptors which allow fitting to a mic stand.

£65.00 per pair. Gig bags offer a high degree of protection so can be couriered for £15.00 extra. PM me with your e-mail for pics and more details.

2. Markie

Markie pfm Member

Above now sold