advertisement

Celestion Ditton 22 & 33: Same tweeter?

serendipitydawg

Dag nabbit!
I am currently listening to a well used pair of Celestion Ditton 33s. I read somewhere that the tweeters are prone to damage and "unobtanium".

I also have a pair of Ditton 22s ( which I bought in a charity shop for £15 ! ). Do they share tweeters? If they do, I shall keep them. If not, back to the charity shop.

Yes, looks like it. It is a Celestion HD1000 and was used in the Ditton 11, 15XR, 22 and 33. Looks like you can find replacement diaphragm for them too with a bit of searching, e.g. eBay.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks Tony ! I still feel guilty about contemplating butchering a pair of working speakers, but I am attempting to clear my garage.

They are rather fragile but were used in many Celestion models. Lead out wires can be an issue but can sometimes be bodged with a deftly applied small soldering iron.. I revived a set of 15XR's this way once. I have some UL6 which have this tweeter actually, a nice speaker that is rarely heard about...

advertisement

Back