advertisement

Celestion A2 replacement tweeters

Funk

pfm Member
One of the tweeters on my A2s has been damaged and I'm coming up blank on sourcing a replacement. I'm keeping an eye on here, ebay and other sites for a pair of A1s as this may be the cheapest way of finding a pair of suitable tweeters unless anyone can point me in the direction of a company who may have spares? Mine are the later 3-bar grille version.

Would be such a shame to have to write the speakers off because of one duff tweeter... I was wondering whether Celestion simply use an off-the-shelf part which may be available under a different manufacturer's name?

Really hoping someone can help - many thanks.

If you only need one try the A4 centre. Apart from that I'm afraid they are unobtanium.

I pray twice daily that I never blow my A2 and A3 ones.

Addendum, my bad. the A4c has the smaller tweeter as per the A5's though they are all 25mm. I think the difference is that they are not ferro fluid cooled like the A2/A3.

Pm. me for more info.

Thanks for the info misterdog, guess it's possible some may come up. I've also been given a steer to a company that may be able to help, if not with replacements then possibly with repair or refurb.

Other than that, time to start looking for a pair of A3s then...!

Thanks for the info misterdog, guess it's possible some may come up. I've also been given a steer to a company that may be able to help, if not with replacements then possibly with repair or refurb.

Other than that, time to start looking for a pair of A3s then...!

Or make me an offer for my A2's ?

Well after some extensive testing with another pair of speakers and a play with 'Audacity', I've ascertained it's not the speakers that are at fault; it's my hearing.

Can't hear above 11kHz and worse on my left side. :(

advertisement

Back