advertisement

Celesion ditton 25 woofers

337alant

Negatively Biased
have a pair of Celestion ditton 25 speakers and I was thinking about using the G12 woofers in another pair of speakers but I don’t have any specs or frequency plot for them ?
Can anyone help with any information on them.
As a stand alone speaker the 25s have a deep but woolly bass reasonable mid and an awful Coles tweeter.
The woofers look really well made though and I am sure they would sound a lot better in their own vented box, any advice welcomed

Alan

As far as I remember, the 25 does not have a Coles tweeter.

I believe that it had two Celestion HF1300's and a Celestion HF2000

Must admit, never owned Ditton 25's but do have Ditton 44's which have the HF2000, nothing very wrong with them. Aslo have many speakers using the HF1300 (eg Spendor BC1, BC2, B&W DM1, DM2a, DM4) and they are good too.

I also have BBC LS3/6 which use a HF1300 and a HF2000 as a supertweeter, these are very good.

They still sound awfull to me?, guess the xover caps could be tired by now that wouldnt help.
Anyway they will be going on e-bay if the woofers are of any use in a speaker project

For which model are you looking for?

BTW, i tested the Celestion's with a Yamaha B-2 two years ago and they sounded sweet for me...

Celestion Ditton 25 Mk1,
All I am looking for is the specification data sheet for the Woofers
BTW mine do not have HF2000 tweeters

Alan

You really need to test your woofers, as there is no guarantee that their parameters will be the same as the original factory spec after many decades. Parts Express do a neat little product called a WT3.

advertisement

Back