advertisement

Celebrity hifi systems

YGMTA2020_MAIN.jpg

I guess not Garrard 401 and 100sb zero

Saw an interview with Derren Brown recently and pretty sure there was a Unison SImply Italy and probably Harbeth p3esrs lurking in the background

There’s a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that Clint Eastwood, Quincy Jones, Henry Rollins, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Hugh Laurie have profoundly invested in the medium, photographic evidence to back this up a bit harder to come by.

There’s a fair bit of anecdotal evidence that Clint Eastwood, Quincy Jones, Henry Rollins, Kareem Abdul Jabbar and Hugh Laurie have profoundly invested in the medium, photographic evidence to back this up a bit harder to come by.

On the Hugh Laurie theme, there were a few nice bits of gear in the background at various points in House.

IIRC one of the programme’s sponsors was a turntable company, and there were some valve Quad monoblocks (i.a. at various times) in his flat.

Possible that Laurie himself had a hand in it.

I don’t think a photo of a moment is proof of anything in this case.

It is a fairly recent moment as it’s a SME M2 on the 401.

PS It would be interesting to know what the rest of the kit is. I’d bet on something fairly similar that was bought decades ago and kept serviced rather than replaced, e.g. Quad/Tannoy. I really like his record shelving too. Very well thought out for the 7” etc.

It is a fairly recent moment as it’s a SME M2 on the 401.

PS It would be interesting to know what the rest of the kit is. I’d bet on something fairly similar that was bought decades ago and kept serviced rather than replaced, e.g. Quad/Tannoy. I really like his record shelving too. Very well thought out for the 7” etc.

The bloke I knew and had some good times with, who worked at Nottingham Analogue is dead now so I can’t ask for details. He lived 200 yards away. I remember being at his house and he fell into his N.A. deck (huge platter, but can’t tell you what - this was mid-nineties.) because he was worse for wear, so was I. I still have some Linn springs (I think) he gave me. I stuck pencils in them. I recall he had some huge piano black lowther speakers, he only ever really played jazz. Rip.

advertisement

Back