advertisement

CDX2

They turn up quite often in the classified here.

Try typing "NAIM CDX 2 ex demo" into google - I find a lot of stuff that way. Of course, you do have to exercise discretion and common sense in sorting the results. If it looks too good to be true it generally is too good to be true :)

2ndhandhifi.co.uk has been a reliable source for me in the past. The same goes for the webshops of people like Cymbiosis and Signals.

Production of The cdx2 will very shortly be stopped I think, along with the 555. This will leave the cd5si as the only disc player made by Naim.
Maybe there will be some ex dem ones coming along soon as dealers clear their stock list in the near future ?

Is the information about stopping the production of the CD X2 certain or are you only guessing?

Thank you. Where did you (all) got this information from?

Yes, the CDx2 will definitely be discontinued this June. I made an enquiry with a dealer about purchasing one, he contacted Naim HQ and they told him they were only available up untill this June, then it's game over.

Last edited:
Yes, the CDx2 will definitely be discontinued this June. I made an enquiry with a dealer about purchasing one, he contacted Naim HQ and they told him they were only available up untill this June, then it is game over.

Try a Hegel Mohican instead. Similar price - much better player.

A good friend has a triple 5 Naim cdp and was told that they have one replacement mech in storage and set aside for his serial number for his player but when that's used and only used for that particular player then there are no more available.
When he asked if he could buy it now they said no but would fit it at the factory when the old one packs up !
Hmmmmm.

according to Naim, they have replacement mechs for all the CDX2s made, as well. that said, were i to plunk down a wad of cash for a CD player, i'd probably get a Rega Isis (the valve version), which has a USB input and thus can be used as a DAC.

My CDX2 is 16 years old. One of the 1st out of the factory and is still going strong. Never needed a service and rocks as new. I’m aware any mech replacement would give it a different, smoother less involving sound but I’d rather that any day over the streamers I’ve heard.

Good luck with your search.

I have 2, one 12 years old and one 2 years old - should keep me going. I also have a 24 year old CD3. Not needed a new mech yet (famous last words):)

advertisement

Back