advertisement

CD Transport mechanism

andy831

pfm Member
Hi

Anyone got any idea where I might source Philips CDM 12.5 (VAM 1250) CD Mechanism from.

I have tracked down spare lasers but no luck so far with complete transport.

Andy

You mean the laser mechanism, smth like this (12.4)

CDM124.jpg

or the complete transport mechanism

To my knowledge the transport is not standard for every model, so you can have the shame laser pickup and different transport. And transport mechanisms is not widely available, you may have to go through company's service

Which player are we talking ?

Romona, Yes I mean the laser transport. Its for a Meridian 506.24 which I am informed by Meridain uses the CDM 12.5 Mechanism.

Wilky, Yes I had tried these people in Germany but got an instant email reply saying that emails would probably not be answered due to personal problems or words to that effect.

Meridian are carrying the laser as a spare but not the mechanism. According to Meridian in 99 cases out of 100 its just the laser that dies and the transport mechaism is fine. My Machine is fine at the moment, but I am just trying to provide some future proofing as I intend keeping hold of this machine if possible.

Managed to track one down eventually.

Big thanks all who helped with various contacts, and a special thanks to Wilky whose contact produced the goods.

advertisement

Back