Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[WTD] Cd player/transport

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by murphydog, Jun 10, 2021.

1. murphydog

murphydog Canine member

Witch Hat can service my ACD3 it seems. However, owing to a backlog I’m looking at autumn. In the meantime I need something half decent to tide me over. What’s out there?
    Here at home I’m reduced to a Rega Saturn(pre R) which is increasingly struggling to read discs.
    Budget up to 1K
    Thanks,
    Paul

2. Mike P

Mike P pfm Member

How about an hot-rodded Arcam Alpha 5+?

Way below your budget, same chipset and laser mech as your ACD3 and it'll give your ACD3 a run for its money!

PM me if you're interested.

Or get something like a Sony CDP-555esd or Marantz CD94 and never have to worry about needing another CD player again.

3. murphydog

murphydog Canine member

4. John_73

John_73 pfm Member

I'd look for a mint Rotel RCD-965BX. Superb as a CD player and as a transport.

hifinutt and AnilS like this.
  5. egg1dog

egg1dog New Member

I have a Meridian 507 for sale on the wam £475 easily holds its own with high end players of today.

6. Netley

Netley pfm Member

Pro-Ject CD Box DS2 T CD Transport going spare, purchased January this year new from Audio Affair for £499 which needs rehoming following upgrade. All boxes, as new etc. £350 + delivery.

7. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I have a Tascam CD RW 700, which has excellent sound quality.
    With original remote, which you need for full operation.
    Yours for £100.

8. murphydog

murphydog Canine member

Now sorted. Thanks for all the offers.

Paul