advertisement

[FS] Cassette Deck Clearout

AnilS

pfm Member
Excuse the long list but I'm trying help @Arkless Electronics

These items work with maybe the odd foible (detailed).

@Arkless Electronics will have first refusal as he requested a deck for family. I have plenty of pictures of each item but for here (due to the amount), on full frontal. They are in listed order. Model numbers are listed below so you can research the item of interest.

All items priced are collection only. Please add a tenner for postage and packaging and I will send via collect+ If there is no collection (ask I can demo) I would send a personal video of the item(s) working for peace of mind. I tend not to trust couriers since they damaged my Nakamichi last year.

I've tried to price realistically but some models are hard to. All cables will be included (instructions and remotes if applicable). I will also include one brand new Sony (sealed) FE90 tape (FOC) but I do have about 10 x TDK SA90 (also sealed but chargeable).

I have opinions all the decks (why I bought them) so if you want it, you'll have to ask. There are reviews online for some of them.

Single decks

TECHNICS RS-B40 (with DBX) - £50
TECHNICS RS-AZ6 (includes 3 Head & HX Pro) = £100
TECHNICS RS-BX501 (Auto reverse & HX Pro) - £70
SONY TC-KB820S (QS MODEL includes Dolby S and HX Pro) - £120
YAMAHA KX-300 (With play trim & HX Pro. Tape counter doesn't work) - £60
YAMAHA KX 580 SE (includes Dolby S and HX Pro) - £140
DENON DRM-600 (includes HX Pro. Non operating pause button) - £50
AIWA AD-F850 (includes 3 Heads and HX Pro) - £140

Double decks

PIONEER CT-W208R (Auto reverse) - £50
TEAC W-890R MK2 (Auto reverse but non Dolby deck. Includes manual. Non Dolby as it was meant to be used for studio work by my friend but never got used) - £120
YAMAHA KX-W592 (Auto reverse/HX Pro/Instruction manual) - £150
AIWA AD-WX929 (Auto reverse/HX Pro/Instruction manual/Remote/Original box) - £200

4OAzF26.jpg

tNlU14J.jpg

rJtiRnN.jpg

PZukWiN.jpg

mCz9fhu.jpg

4w7WW7d.jpg

BdQt2rv.jpg

1XscmEf.jpg

ZA5inrh.jpg

kIepJrv.jpg

GExcQK6.jpg

qANJBUI.jpg

Excuse the long list but I'm trying help @Arkless Electronics

These items work with maybe the odd foible (detailed).

@Arkless Electronics will have first refusal as he requested a deck for family. I have plenty of pictures of each item but for here (due to the amount), on full frontal. They are in listed order. Model numbers are listed below so you can research the item of interest.

All items priced are collection only. Please add a tenner for postage and packaging and I will send via collect+ If there is no collection (ask I can demo) I would send a personal video of the item(s) working for peace of mind. I tend not to trust couriers since they damaged my Nakamichi last year.

I've tried to price realistically but some models are hard to. All cables will be included (instructions and remotes if applicable). I will also include one brand new Sony (sealed) FE90 tape (FOC) but I do have about 10 x TDK SA90 (also sealed but chargeable).

I have opinions all the decks (why I bought them) so if you want it, you'll have to ask. There are reviews online for some of them.

Single decks

TECHNICS RS-B40 (with DBX) - £50
TECHNICS RS-AZ6 (includes 3 Head & HX Pro) = £100
TECHNICS RS-BX501 (Auto reverse & HX Pro) - £70
SONY TC-KB820S (QS MODEL includes Dolby S and HX Pro) - £120
YAMAHA KX-300 (With play trim & HX Pro. Tape counter doesn't work) - £60
YAMAHA KX 580 SE (includes Dolby S and HX Pro) - £140
DENON DRM-600 (includes HX Pro. Non operating pause button) - £50
AIWA AD-F850 (includes 3 Heads and HX Pro) - £140

Double decks

PIONEER CT-W208R (Auto reverse) - £50
TEAC W-890R MK2 (Auto reverse but non Dolby deck. Includes manual. Non Dolby as it was meant to be used for studio work by my friend but never got used) - £120
YAMAHA KX-W592 (Auto reverse/HX Pro/Instruction manual) - £150
AIWA AD-WX929 (Auto reverse/HX Pro/Instruction manual/Remote/Original box) - £200

4OAzF26.jpg

tNlU14J.jpg

rJtiRnN.jpg

PZukWiN.jpg

mCz9fhu.jpg

4w7WW7d.jpg

BdQt2rv.jpg

1XscmEf.jpg

ZA5inrh.jpg

kIepJrv.jpg

GExcQK6.jpg

qANJBUI.jpg

Cheers. I've sent a link to this for daughters BF to take a look at them:)

I have to ask... how come you have THAT many cassette decks!??

Cheers. I've sent a link to this for daughters BF to take a look at them:)

I have to ask... how come you have THAT many cassette decks!??

Thanks for forwarding.

Long story short. I love flashing lights :D Seriously, I had a huge cassette collection, built up from my student days. Then I just started collecting HiFi since 1984 (anyone want an original Cyrus 1 LOL) and literally spent my money on HiFi bits.

I used to tape to tape a lot, and had 2 houses. Had HiFi kit in every room. Days of hoarding have gone, plus (and sadly) inherited a lot of gear from my late relative (he was a sound engineer). I have sold some of his (and mine) to PF members already.

I promised myself that 2021 would be a year to de-clutter but it never materialised. So no time like the present.

The PF members that I've had the pleasure to meet (friends now) will have witnessed I have too much. Don't get me started on Mini discs, amps, turntables ....... :p

And stuff that needs repair.

This, compounded that I'm now nearly deaf due to a medical condition. 2022 is going to be tough :(

I guess the tape counter on that KX300 Yam doesnt work? So at least mine isn't the only one with that issue. Just a belt I guess.

I guess the tape counter on that KX300 Yam doesnt work? So at least mine isn't the only one with that issue. Just a belt I guess.

Yes mate. I did detail that in the ad ;)

It just a small rubber band type belt that needs replacing.

@AudioAl

Never could afford a Dragon, even though one was offered to me about 15 years ago. From the seller, I bought a "Baby Dragon" ;)

Sadly sold last year.

I only have two currently, both Naks, LX3 and BX2.

My first was two Phillips, then a Pioneer 5151, then a Neal 103, then a Marantz ...all top loaders.
Later on a couple of JVC direct drives. Hundreds of tapes of course.

In a beauty contest of those listed I would go for the Yamaha...

advertisement

Back