advertisement

[WTD] Cartridge up to £1k

glenda

pfm Member
Hello all,
Looking for the above to use with a Well Tempered Amadeus GT.
Looking for a cartridge as above with up to 350 hours on the clock. A small amount of flexibility on price and/or usage considered.
My current cartridge is decent but I once had an upmarket cartridge and I miss its sound.
Looking for Van Den Hul, Benz, Kiseki.. never really got on with Dynavector.
I will only buy from an established member.
Thanks
Tony

A brand new Hana ML at £1039 on fleabay would take some beating. A stonking cart for the money, punches well above its price.
Like what Lurch said but sod flea bay. If you go to Kronus AV they have scrappage offer on atm so when you go to check out its £935.10 forn new new newness. Im looking at getting one with the offer and trading in an old dead denon cart

https://www.kronosav.com/collections/cartridges/products/hana-ml-low-output-moving-coil-cartridge

if you havent purchased from them before they offer a 5% off I think.

Also Ortofon 2m Black LVB 250 has offers offers. you get £100 off when you trade in a cart (ANY) so £829 to £729 and then the 25% off so £656.10

but they do plenty more brands all part of the scrappage offer.

https://www.kronosav.com/collections/cartridges

enjoy

added on as I forgot to mention its up to 25% so not as good but woth a look if you get a fair bit off

Hello all,
Looking for the above to use with a Well Tempered Amadeus GT.
Looking for a cartridge as above with up to 350 hours on the clock. A small amount of flexibility on price and/or usage considered.
My current cartridge is decent but I once had an upmarket cartridge and I miss its sound.
Looking for Van Den Hul, Benz, Kiseki.. never really got on with Dynavector.
I will only buy from an established member.
Thanks
Tony

In my own opinion, Dynavector is the best solution for WT arms.

When I had the WT Amadeus I used a DV Karat 17d2.

I doubt you can buy a Kiseki or VdH cartridge for under £1000.

My suggestion along with Dynavector is Hana SL or ML

https://2ndhandhifi.co.uk/product/hana-sl-mc-cartridge/

I have a pretty mint Transfiguration Phoenix I’ve been considering moving on. No idea in exact hours but it was inspected by hifi corner last year and they said there was no visible wear on it, so assume it is good for some fair use yet!

Thanks Shrink, can you DM me a price please?
I've had a few nibbles and will give it until tomorrow pm and make my choice.
Cheers
Tony

Anyone else bored with their Benz?
Not keen on your Kiseki?
Quick bump for anyone else looking to offload a cartridge before I make a choice this PM.
Thanks for all the suggestions to date
Tony

Hi,

i have a Lyra delos - retyped and aligned by Dominic at NWA analogue at a cost of £560 and not used since, paperwork available to confirm work

I had previously used the cartridge on WT Amadeus and Versalex and it was perfect.

£860 seem fair price?

Regards

ZU Denon DL-103R MK.11 (Grade -1) see ZU www for the graded enhancements on Standard.

I believe would cost £1150 landed in UK with import duty/taxes etc.

Bought as new, unopened from first owner (Sept 2021 s/n) in April 2022, still unopened and unused. Usually a waiting list for these.

FS at £800

I realise it’s not on your preference list but worth mentioning I thought.

Hi,

i have a Lyra delos - retyped and aligned by Dominic at NWA analogue at a cost of £560 and not used since, paperwork available to confirm work

I had previously used the cartridge on WT Amadeus and Versalex and it was perfect.

£860 seem fair price?

Regards

Lyra cartridges are amazing.
I liked the Lydian, Argo and Dorian too.

All sorted now.
Thanks for the suggestions, I could have gone with many of them.
Cheers
Tony

Ended up pushing the budget up for a Van Den Hul in the end. Was a tough choice so played it safe.

Reactions: AV8

advertisement

Back