advertisement

Carlos Ghosn does a runner

wacko

pfm Member
First thought was 'I don't blame him.' It looked like a power struggle rather than a crime.
Second was 'I wonder if the Japanese authorities actually let him go to diffuse the political tension. They now don't have to prove any guilt but have got rid of a foreigner at the top of Nissan. And they get the $9m bail money off him.'
Of course they must feign complete mystery how someone so well known could leave xenophobic Japan without a passport.

Well he has picked a location that he knows (Lebanon) which also does not have an extradition treaty with Japan.

It seems his house arrest did allow him to go elsewhere from time to time 'with permission'. So I guess his communications allowed him to et up a private jet escape from a suitable airfield. How he got through immigration without any passport at the first port of call is a mystery. I doubt a private plane could make from Japan to Turkey in one hop (?) - news is that he arrived in Lebanon from Turkey.

I wonder if a business jet stopping for a refuel at a small airfield would need any passport checks? Stay airside, no checks, carry on to Lebanon.

Edit. 9,000km Tokyo to Beirut. Plenty of business jets can exceed that.

I wonder if a business jet stopping for a refuel at a small airfield would need any passport checks? Stay airside, no checks, carry on to Lebanon.
Edit. 9,000km Tokyo to Beirut. Plenty of business jets can exceed that.

And with small airfields it's much easier to "come to an arrangement" in exchange for a bit of hard currency.

He turned Nissan around and made it profitable, ensuring tens of thousands of people kept their jobs.

How much of a fvck am I supposed to give? If any "normal" person wanted to escape justice obviously pre-arranging it with a foreign gov and having private business jets and henchmen is perfectly normal?...

An operatic exit from the land of the rising sun to the land of the cedar tree; Nissan Dorma (except those reading this thread?) (Geddit?)

Nissan easy does it every time...

advertisement

Back