advertisement

Car Youtubers

Shmee150…
He’s making a lot of money out of something… not sure it’s possible to make that kind of money out of his YouTube channel but if it is, then fair play. I do find him a bit sickly though, the whole “oh no, McLaren have just released another insanely expensive version of a car I already have several of, I NEED to order one immediately” type bull shit… I struggle with that.

My personal favourite channel… HubNut, proper fun content with cars we can all afford.

Also CarThrottle, they’ve clearly modelled themselves in the Top Gear style, but they do it successfully. They’re genuine, three mates having a good laugh.

Hubnut is good, he comes across as a normal bloke with lots of cars who likes mucking about with cars, the odder the better. His obsession with windscreen wipers (especially 'triangles of doom' and 'corners of disappointment' as well as pantograph wipers) amuses me
Furious Driving is also good - a mix modern and old cars. Obsessed with tea shelf capability of dashboards
Also the salvage ones - Salvage Rebuilds UK, Serious About Salvage, SL Rebuilt are good, Saving Salvage is about the best.
Chops Garage is good too, despite him always calling the Ford Ka the 'Kay Ay"

He’s making a lot of money out of something… not sure it’s possible to make that kind of money out of his YouTube channel but if it is, then fair play. I do find him a bit sickly though, the whole “oh no, McLaren have just released another insanely expensive version of a car I already have several of, I NEED to order one immediately” type bull shit… I struggle with that.

One site reckons he gets about $3000 a day from YouTube & Ads, with sponsorship, merchandise & joint ventures on top. Net worth about $17m.

Has anyone mentioned Ratarossa yet?

Along with Number 27, Hubnut, Harry's garage & JayEmm he's one of my favourite go to's on car vids. Scott is very down to earth, hands on resourceful (mechanically and electrically) and very knowledgeable on Ferraris.

Hubnut is good, he comes across as a normal bloke with lots of cars who likes mucking about with cars, the odder the better. His obsession with windscreen wipers (especially 'triangles of doom' and 'corners of disappointment' as well as pantograph wipers) amuses me
Furious Driving is also good - a mix modern and old cars. Obsessed with tea shelf capability of dashboards
Also the salvage ones - Salvage Rebuilds UK, Serious About Salvage, SL Rebuilt are good, Saving Salvage is about the best.
Chops Garage is good too, despite him always calling the Ford Ka the 'Kay Ay"
That sums HubNut up, he’s genuinely funny in my opinion, clean witty humour… the windscreen wiper thing is a charm of his channel. I grew up around a garage (owned by me uncle, where my dad did his foreigners), the cars he buys/reviews are the kind of cars I worked on (or broke for parts) with them as a kid, so his channel really strikes a chord with me… especially since he involves his step kids in the channel, the videos of the whole family working on a project are very wholesome… he’s a properly experienced motoring journalist and magazine editor. He left his last editorial role to do YouTube (and car shows) full time. I was supposed to be going to the NEC the weekend and was looking forward to meeting him. My daughter has been poorly and was still too unwell for me to leave her unfortunately.

I like Salvage Rebuilds too, seem like nice genuine guys. I like to see cars saved!

It's a very clever business model, a lot of them are open about how they finance the cars. They will work out the amount of views buying XYZ supercar will generate and how much that will earn them, then when they've rinsed it for all of its views they get rid and get another in.

I don't think any of them buy outright, except maybe if it is a genuine keeper car, most of them are just bought to generate content and revenue for the channel.

advertisement

Back