advertisement

[WTD] Canon Speedlite 270 or similar for Powershot G16

Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Accuphase all the way down
I'd like to get an external flash for my Canon Powershot G16, to supplement the pretty basic onboard flash. I'm a bit hazy about compatability of the various Canon flash units, or what third party alternatives might be worth a punt, but the Speedlite 270 seems to be a sensible option, given that most of the others would be nearly as big as the camera.

I'm not looking for much sophistication, a tiltable head and a diffuser would be great if available.

So, what yer got?

If you're still looking, I recently moved on all of my canon DSLR gear but have a load of flash stuff just sitting in a bag, if it's of interest:
  • Nissin di622 mark II + diffuser + stand (ie if wanting to use an external hotshoe to control the flash)
  • 4 x yongnuo RF-603C wireless flash hotshoes (with 2 wires - think they came with one wire per pair, so one hotshoe mounted to camera and the other to the flash).
  • TC-80N3 timer controller (for long exposures) - manufactured by Shoot
All in good condition, just a few marks on the Nissin but nothing of concern. Was using all of this with a 5d and 5dmkii, so unsure if it's what you'd want with a powershot (think it's compatible though, but you may want to check).

Not really looking to make any money, would just be happy if someone was using this stuff, so would do the nissin+diffuser+stand for £10 delivered if you wanted it - and the yongnuos + TC for £10 on top of that.

Let me know.

Just to say, I’ve now won a 270 EX II on eBay, so have no need of the Nissin DI622 (and it’s rather too big for the camera in any event). Given that Hip Hop very kindly sorted me out for next to nothing, it’d be churlish to sell it, so I’ll offer it in the charity forum, so if anybody is looking for what seems like a flexible and powerful flash, please go and look.

advertisement

Back