advertisement

Canon Pixma Pro 9500 Mk11

Si74

pfm Member
Just picked up one of these for a bargain price. It had a new print head last year.
Absolutely delighted with the results but boy does this thing go through ink.
Tried two sets of compatibles which were cheap junk and went in the bin.
A set from 999inks appears to work well but even these are 43 quid for a full set and seem to last no time.
I think Canon's figures for the cartridges must have come from printing postage stamp sized prints?

Try these people

https://www.octoink.co.uk/products/...le-for-Canon-Pixma-Pro-9500-%2d-10x-50ml.html - there is also a standard kit with bigger ink bottles.

I used them for my Pro-100, I bought a starter kit and a spare set of empty cartridges (eg https://www.octoink.co.uk/products/Set:-Canon-PGI%2d9-EMPTY-Cartridge.html), so I had a set on standby. Surprisingly simple to refill. Starter kit gives enough for 4 refills for each cartridge. Their ink quality is highly rated and reckoned to be close to the Canon colours

Just picked up one of these for a bargain price. It had a new print head last year.
Absolutely delighted with the results but boy does this thing go through ink.
Tried two sets of compatibles which were cheap junk and went in the bin.
A set from 999inks appears to work well but even these are 43 quid for a full set and seem to last no time.
I think Canon's figures for the cartridges must have come from printing postage stamp sized prints?

Canon printers like to guzzle ink. My Pro-1000 is definitely it economical to run and a full ink set runs around £500!

@Mr Perceptive feels my pain as he also runs a Pro-1000

Well after prolonged cleaning of the print head and buying a set of compatibles from Octoinks (Thanks Mr Perceptive for your recommendation), very happy with the results.
I seem to recall being told to leave the printer switched on or it would guzzle ink at every restart, However mines seems off a mind to switch itself off should you happen to go make a cuppa or visit the toilet. Am I missing something in the settings? as it's a real p.i.t.a.. Now it's working I'm in a mind to sell it as I don't use it enough to justify the high maintenance it seems to require.

Well second set of Octoinks later, very happy with the results. Don't have the experience to get the best from them and probably using
cheapo paper but now it's started printing 9/10ths of an A4 and not the rest? Had I paid the full price for this, I'd take a mash hammer to it
and return to canon in a box with a few additions. After months of cleaning the print head (new last year) and the delight of briefly brilliant prints,
decided this thing is way more hassle than it's worth. Used their cameras for 47 years and nothing beats my old F1(used for numerous weddings)
but if this is supposedly convenient, might just set up my darkroom again as it's a totally expensive p.i.t.a. Seriously wondering if digital has not just
destroyed the Artform? Lets face it if you can take 400 photos , a couple must be decent but given 3 rolls of film , how many peeps would be happy doing a wedding
on a simplistic camera with shutter speed, aperture, film speed and altering the fill in flash to suit?????????????

I have some unused Canon cartridges you can have for the cost of the courier (£9).
Sealed in box: Magenta, Red, matte Black, Grey

and unboxed but unused, a Photo Cyan.

I can't be bothered to sell them.

advertisement

Back