advertisement

Can you make headphones sound like real loudspeakers? We're giving it a go

Hi, either will do. The 4 pole is just so it works with most mobile phones and the non left right pins are straight through.
I hope this helps :)
Haider

Just ordered one for a spin. I struggle with headphones even though my favourite speakers are described as being a giant pair of them. Look forward to receiving them

Regards

Hi and good morning
The Headpsace is non directional and using a 3 pole lead will be fine as long as it is with a 3 pole source. The only issue is with mobile phones where the 4 pole is required. The main issue is that not all are equal so we just straight through them.

I hope this helps
Haider

Yes we go back to similar principles. Meaning we go back to how stereo was originally presented and described in order to then make the correction. Headspace, however does not attenuate the signal in anyway and is bi-directional. Also we are focussing on headphones here.

:)
Haider

OK just ordered - I do a lot of headphone listening at my desk at work from my laptop, usually with the Foobar Meier crossfeed DSP plug-in installed, so will be interesting to compare this with that.

Arrived ta... effect is audible but subtle as I would expect for what must just be a passive network. I made something similar in my youth with a pot to vary the effect in a bimbox

Thanks. Yes to some extent it depends on the source material and the headphones. I have a range which we used for testing. But ultimately it is an 'I can quite put my finger on it, but..' effect. It should also substantially reduce fatigue in some lesser quality earpieces and headsets.
Oh and music forever keeps us youthful :) All the best.

Haider

Hi thanks again.
Regards the link. I note that their circuitry means attenuation. We don't offer up that problem with The Bard's Headspace. So kind of but not quite. You are swimming in the right ocean of course. Let's just say, cleverer maths.

I hope this helps.
Haider

Thank you to all who've supported us with The Bard's Headspace so far. We have had a far greater reaction than anticipated. Next step is to go mainstream and get high fidelity back on the map.

If you loved it can you please post a review. We are told Amazon is the best place as, for good or ill, 80% of us seem to start our product search journey there

Much thanks
Haider

Happy to do an Amazon review Haider. I've done a lot more headphone listening since I got the Headspace and I've found that listening fatigue, which is something I've always experienced with 'phones, has virtually disappeared. You've made a great little thing.

Hi Haider

Received mine before xmas, and I don't do an awful lot of headphone listening, but a recent business trip gave me the chance to give it a whirl. Listening gear is low end stuff - sansa clip into akg k451 closed back on ear phones. I've only listened to a couple of albums, and was trying to quickly A/B test unplugging and plugging in. There definitely seemed to be more of a 3D space with it plugged in, tonally pretty much the same. Subtle difference, but made the whole thing sound more realistic, especially with fairly sparsely recorded material. Definitely a worthwhile little gadget, and I'll do some more testing on upcoming trips.

Cheers, James

Thank you James, Really appreciate the feedback and glad it has worked for you. What you have described is more or less our intention and expectation.

All the best
Haider

advertisement

Back