advertisement

can we please have a unified UK politics thread?

vuk

\o/ choose anarchy
the current ones running since brexit are pretty much interchangeable. i suspect a very clever 5 item poll could settle all of it -- or at least give us a comparable sense of where people stand without the useless debates, which, so far, have probably resulted in far more polarization than opinion change. i also suspect that the labour anti-semitism thread has driven otherwise decent leftists to seriously consider a certain type of conspiracy theoriy.

if you're just into that type of tribal arguing on the internet, football can be a lot more interesting and less destructive.

i also suspect that the labour anti-semitism thread has driven otherwise decent leftists to seriously consider a certain type of conspiracy theoriy.

To me, the definition of a lefty is someone who cares about other people, so anti-semitism in the Labour party makes no sense. If it is there I can only think they are wolves in sheeps clothing (Tories underneath).

On a different note, I was talking to a friend of the family only yesterday, she is about 80 years old and her husband is 84 IIRC. He had a fall in the middle of the night recently and had to wait 5 hours on the bathroom floor before an ambulance arrived. She put a blanked over him but said she was worried because the tiled floor was freezing cold and she obviously couldn't lift him to move him or put anything underneath him to keep him warm. I just don't understand how anyone with any sense would vote for that.

People don’t do what they believe in, they just do what’s most convenient, then repent.

(Brownsville Girl)

can we please have a unified UK politics thread?

I would prefer it if the 6 or 8 people ,who are the constant posters/protagonists in all the political threads *** would be moved to a separate forum altogether . There they could shout at each other to their hearts content.

Its always the same handful of intolerant ,bitchy and rude people being bitchy rude and intolerant to each other ( and anyone who dares venture in ) on any of the threads.

*** and they can, and do ,turn any thread on any subject into another one of their bitch-fests by simply bringing Brexit into the debate.... as in , " you think that ( insert anything here ) is like that now... you just wait till after Brexit. " You think that F1 is dull now....." You think that ......."

Last edited:
Not sure what the OP hopes to achieve, I’ve always found that just ignoring the posts or threads that irritate or don’t interest me Is the easiest way to “organise” them.
Quite. Not referring to the OP but it goes something like -find a thread topic you have no involvement in, turn up like the guy who unofficially collects glasses in the pub and earwigs on other people’s conversations, come over all outraged and tell them they should find a new pub. Wait to see if you can get a free half pint at the bar.

if you're just into that type of tribal arguing on the internet, football can be a lot more interesting and less destructive.

A close run thing for sure, politics and football. Not much difference twixt them

Bloss

Not the 1st especially talented lil' fish that tried to direct politics in off topic:

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/should-there-be-a-separate-political-room.102216/

i also suspect that the labour anti-semitism thread has driven otherwise decent leftists to seriously consider a certain type of conspiracy theoriy.

Sounds like another conspiracy theory re: Labour's ongoing anti-Semitism problems.

To me, the definition of a lefty is someone who cares about other people, so anti-semitism in the Labour party makes no sense.

Lefties are humans, so are capable of bigotry like all of us. And that's me, a lefty, writing.
istm some especially talented leftists are convinced of their faultless progressiveness to a point were they lack any related self awareness for themselves or their orgs'.

Last edited:
I always think the 6 or 8 should form a modern punk band, then go into their echo chamber and shout sweary lyrics at themselves.

I’ll be singing “yeah yeah, I don’t care” !

Reactions: Joe
...and some of the posts here in less than one page already show why political discourse, while not dead, smells a bit funny.

BTW, if you disagree with me, I've had your mum. :p

Remarkable!!
I frequent another, much more parochial website, where all political discussion was banned, on the grounds that it always led to abuse, conflict etc. I long argued that PFM was a shining example of how diverse political views could be managed by a decent moderation policy and a broadly 'civilised' debate. I also stated that I found the overall standard of political debate on PFM to be well informed and well argued.

Am I deluded?

Don't answer that..

advertisement

Back