advertisement

Can someone identify these front panel fixings/tool required?

Whaleblue

Southbound
From the photo below.

There are six of them holding the front panel in place. The tool will be a six pronged affair I suppose looking at them.

49435866237_d82baf2ccc_c.jpg

More likely two-pronged, like a two-pronged fork.
If they are the usual type, you can carefully remove them with a small screwdriver or similar, in one of the indents. They usually lock/unlock 90 degrees apart.

It's some kind of security screw, we use similar ones at work but I think they have 5 prongs.

A pair of cutters should grip the head and unscrew them then replace with Allen headed bolts as you are bound to damage them.

Pete

It's some kind of security screw, we use similar ones at work but I think they have 5 prongs.

A pair of cutters should grip the head and unscrew them then replace with Allen headed bolts as you are bound to damage them.

Pete

For complex reasons, I really need to get them off and back on undamaged!

Use a small screwdriver, CAREFULLY.
They are often not threaded but have two grooves or a slot that locates on one or two pins.

Well I haven't seen that type before and can't see anything similar in a Google search.

Hopefully someone else has seen them.

Pete

I’m more than happy to buy the right tool to get these off/on! Amazon or other link would be fabulous if anyone knows the tool to use!

I have what look like would fit on the ifixit standard kit its just two prongs which I guess woudl engage ok

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0189YWOIO/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

Third row down in the kit on the right? If you measure the distance between opposite divits I can confirm

(great kit btw, good to have in the box)

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Thanks chaps. I think Barry has it.

Need to work out the size I need. These bolts measure, as best I can, to be 1cm if one was measuring the tool’s opposite point centres.

advertisement

Back