advertisement

Can power supply cause one channel drop out?

Brian S

pfm Member
A week ago I took delivery of a Chord TToby amplifier, to couple with my Hugo TT DAC. Very pleased with this until after a day or so, the right channel started going off. I did all the logical checks I could think of and could find no obvious indication of cause. However, during a cable connection check I gently nudged the mains supply and off went the right channel. Had both channels gone off, that would have made sense. I have no knowledge of what goes on within the box but a single channel going off really confused me. Unfortunately, attempting to simulate the accidental nudge didn't work. The drop out occurred numerous times during the next couple of days, occasionally both channels went off. I tried more than on kettle connections, and pushing the lead in to the hilt. Removing the lead on one occasion the sound returned when lead was only a short distance from coming out. It didn't remain. The TToby is playing perfectly for my dealer who is checking it out. Other amps plugged to the same location have suffered no problems.

Comments very welcome

Problem, I think, SOLVED, the faulty connection seems to be on interconnect - which makes obvious sense. Sorry - my mistake. The DAC had been working perfectly with Graff amp.

Thanks, BrianS

Last edited:

advertisement

Back