advertisement

Can anyone recommend some recent releases?

horace

pfm Member
Hi

I've been buying a lot of old stuff recently and have lost track of what's come out in the last year or so. The last new LPs I bought were the White Stripes 'Elephant' and Snow Patrol's 'Final Straw'.
I've heard good things about the Keane album and liked the single Everybody's Changing - is it worth a purchase?
Anything else recommended? I'm into just about everything these days........

Just found copy of the Nick Drake triple LP set 'Time Has Told Me'. Limited edition of 1000 copies, aparently. Can't comment on it as I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'm chuffed.....Probably pretty poor sound quality, as it was compiled from home demos, but Nick Drake in poor sound is better than no Nick Drake...

Cheers

Martin
Edited for piss poor spelling.

Originally posted by horace
I've heard good things about the Keane album and liked the single Everybody's Changing - is it worth a purchase?

They look like a bunch of tossers and have been compared to Cold Play, so I made a mental note to avoid the album. Then while mooching around in HMV they played the whole album, I liked it so I bought it. The wife took the piss all the way home but it's a cracking album. Not unlike a more youthful Moz effort in fact.

Regards,

Mus

Recent vinyl purchases have included latest albums from Zero 7, To Rococo Rot, Lambchop and the Beta Band. I haven't listened to the latter but the other three are absolutely superb.

Keane make me want to puke, they're so erstaz. However, I can recommend Ryan Adams' Love is Hell –_right now it sounds even better than Heartbreaker, and that's saying something. It's available on a double 10". I'll second Lambchop as well.

Originally posted by JustJohn
Keane make me want to puke, they're so erstaz.

I agree but it is a good album. :)

However, I can recommend Ryan Adams' Love is Hell –_right now it sounds even better than Heartbreaker, and that's saying something. It's available on a double 10". I'll second Lambchop as well.

Heartbreaker is excellent, so I will have to check out Love is Hell, thanks.

Regards,

Mus

advertisement

Back