advertisement

Can anyone recommend HiFi servicing in East Sussex

-Daniel-

I’m based in Hastings and have picked up a vintage amplifier, a Yamaha Ca-1010 from the 70s. It clearly needs a service and small repair to one of the knobs and so I’m wondering if anyone can recommend an individual or company that can provide an authentic and quality service for this sort of equipment?

many thanks,
Daniel

There used to be a shop in Hastings called Steve’s hifi near Morrison’s!sadly now gone but someone may know if Steve is still about in Hastings????

If you’re willing to ship, @Arkless Electronics is your man!
He will do a good job, he won’t rip you off for the privilege.
Thanks for the recommendation. I’m not sure if it would be safe/cost effective to ship - it’s very heavy and I’d need to know the courier is better than the ones I see flinging packages about in our street! Perhaps if anyone can recommend a good courier, I can get a quote. Thanks again.

There used to be a shop in Hastings called Steve’s hifi near Morrison’s!sadly now gone but someone may know if Steve is still about in Hastings????
I just had a quick google and it sounds like a tragic end to a wonderful shop. I found a mobile number In an old news article but it was dead. There doesn’t seem to be much post-shutdown and it sounded like Steve had sadly had enough.

Thanks for the recommendation. I’m not sure if it would be safe/cost effective to ship - it’s very heavy and I’d need to know the courier is better than the ones I see flinging packages about in our street! Perhaps if anyone can recommend a good courier, I can get a quote. Thanks again.

They're all much the same. Which staff members you are lucky/unlucky enough to get is what matters and that's a lottery. I regularly get £2K+ units sent to me by courier.
I couldn't fit it in for a month or so FWIW.

They're all much the same. Which staff members you are lucky/unlucky enough to get is what matters and that's a lottery. I regularly get £2K+ units sent to me by courier.
I couldn't fit it in for a month or so FWIW.
Thank you. What are we talking (ballpark) for a complete service/ recapping etc + replacement switch on the speaker selection knob?

Thank you. What are we talking (ballpark) for a complete service/ recapping etc + replacement switch on the speaker selection knob?

Speaker switch would be the potential problem and could not say what's possible without examining it but ballpark figure of £350 - 400 ish.

advertisement

Back