advertisement

Camera and associated gear storage

BTC3

pfm Member
Hi
I currently store my camera gear a large footstool/Ottoman with built in storage. It was filled with pick and pluck foam to accommodate things securely. Sadly the thing now has to go, and I need a new storage solution.
My camera bag is a non-camera bag rucksack they pulls other duties and, in any case, it doesn’t fit all the gear anyway. I was wondering about investing in some Peli cases or similar, and using those.
What do you use?
Thanks.
PS the gear is a dslr, grip, large speed light, a couple of TCs, a 24mm, 50mm, 70-200, 300, 200-500, bunch of filters, battery charger, and if I get it back, another body and grip.

Hi
I currently store my camera gear a large footstool/Ottoman with built in storage. It was filled with pick and pluck foam to accommodate things securely. Sadly the thing now has to go, and I need a new storage solution.
My camera bag is a non-camera bag rucksack they pulls other duties and, in any case, it doesn’t fit all the gear anyway. I was wondering about investing in some Peli cases or similar, and using those.
What do you use?
Thanks.
PS the gear is a dslr, grip, large speed light, a couple of TCs, a 24mm, 50mm, 70-200, 300, 200-500, bunch of filters, battery charger, and if I get it back, another body and grip.

An alternative is to use the Vanguard Divider Bags. These are cases in their own right, but fit into Vanguards hard case shells if you need transportation.

https://www.vanguardworld.co.uk/search?type=production&q=divider

I keep all my kit on open shelves in my office. Yes, things get dusty after a while, but it makes stuff quick to access and I can see everything. I used to keep them in flight cases, but the thing I wanted was always in the third case I looked in. It also reminds me of what I've got, and maybe I should use it!

Sadly no open shelves in my office, or anywhere else where BTC3Jr can’t reach...
I’ve found a Peli case in used but far from abused condition that will hold everything I currently need to store, and have some custom-cut foam lined up for a total cost below that of a used Vanguard.
Thank you for your help @JemHayward and @Mr Perceptive .
I’ll be back when I inevitably get some more bits and have to start again :)

Sorry to revive an older thread, but here is how the storage solution worked out. I’m very pleased with the foam insert!

C84903-A7-1137-46-BF-9-ADC-374876704-F10.jpg

E668729-E-E917-4088-8-EB1-4-D6-DBEA48146.jpg

advertisement

Back