advertisement

Calling all Decca cartridge experts

Covkxw

pfm Member
I have a Decca cartridge that I cannot identify and any help in establishing such would be very much appreciated. Its body colour is black and serial number is 2-16.362

Thanks in anticipation,
Keith.

Picture please! What is the body made out of? If bakelite it's probably a FFSS of some type, if tin it's probably a London.

Tony.

Sorry to confuse, but its the 'London' shape and the plastic bits are the usual red colour, but the metal work is black in colour.

I've heard of 'blue', 'maroon', 'gold' etc, which I've always understood to refer to the body colour, but not 'black'.

I've not seen or heard of a Black. Maybe it was painted by someone offended by a Gold cartridge on the end of his black tonearm. Or it might be a mod'd Decca sold under a different brand name as several were back in the late 70's/early 80's.

What does it sound like and what are you using it with ?

Hi Dave, I'm not using it. It came installed on a Technics EPA-A501L armwand I purchased from Germany.
There's no evidence that its been repainted or modded. So, maybe is it a 'branded' version that was marketed by someone in Germany?

Update: its serial number is the same form and very similar to a couple of Decca Maroons (spherical sylus) I've managed to view on the internet. So I'm thinking this 'Black' is probably an OEM version of the Maroon.

Cheers,
Keith.

advertisement

Back