advertisement

CABLE ADVISE FOR EX NAIMEE!

ports1000

pfm Member
Having used Naim amps for 25 years I have finally left the fold.
Nothing wrong with the amps but fed up with the constant servicing,power supply upgrades and box swapping inflicting serious wallet damage.
Recently bought some Teddy Pardo Mb100's and am about to order
a Teddy pre. I havent had to worry about the cables for years ,just went with
Naims own, so a bit out of the loop with sensible good quality interconnects.
I need a set of phonos between power and pre amp and dac to pre.
Any advise on sensible,good quality ones without spending a fortune but retaining a decent quality of sound?
Thanks.

ps,bought some Tellurium q black to use with Atc 19's,(5 mt pair for £210 on the auction site). I like these a lot and they bend,goodbye naca 5!

I have a full teddy system. I use AR sound lunar cables but they do have low cost cables too. You can try them for 30 days and Avi is great to deal with.

Thanks Muttley,I don't mind spending money if the benefits out weigh
the cost and remain relatively sensible! How much are the lunars?

NVA's SSP's (Super Sound Pipe), are amazing value for money, a little awkward to fit but that's something you'll only do once! :D

NVA's SSP's (Super Sound Pipe), are amazing value for money, a little awkward to fit but that's something you'll only do once! :D

I have a pair of their SSC (Super Sound Cords) that I found to be a nice step up from my old Ixos interconnects (103s, I think, bought in the 90s).

Stemcore,seems the logical choice,he does the phonos with wbt net gen connecters which match his amps, £135 a pair.

Thanks Bob,having read all your posts on your dealings with Teddy I was hoping you would chip in! Think I might as well get a couple of Teddys phonos with the pre!
Actually your reviews have prompted me to buy his mono's and pre un-demoed!!!If I don't get on with them its your fault!!
Regards Andrew.

Hi Ports,

Me too have a full Teddy system , coming from Naim and Avondale. Hope you will like the MB-100 , really can recommend the PR-1 with it.

I use Mark Grant cables for power and interconnect and and Linn K400 biwired speakercable.

Regards Magnus

Thanks Bob,having read all your posts on your dealings with Teddy I was hoping you would chip in! Think I might as well get a couple of Teddys phonos with the pre!
Actually your reviews have prompted me to buy his mono's and pre un-demoed!!!If I don't get on with them its your fault!!
Regards Andrew.

Andrew, no pressure on me then...!

The Teddy Pre is wonderful, as are the MB100s. Together they work perfectly. I'm sure that Teddy cables will be just the job to connect the system. All this of course IMHO.

FWIW, and this is where someone might correct me, but I can't remember anyone who started with a Teddy Pre or his Monos and then bought the other bit who sent it back to Teddy. As always let it run in for a good three weeks before making any final decision.

If I'm not checking in here quite so often it's because I'm just listening to the music and forgetting about the kit; got to be a good thing really.

Let us know how it all works out.

All the best, Bob

I'd recommend Mogami interconnects and they can be had for £20-25 each so not the end of the world if you don't like them as there are plenty of people who will still bite your hand off at the purchase price.

+1 for TQ black, I've recently switched form blue to black and it does sound much better.

Andrew, I used markgrantcables nextgen RCA's, between the dac-VC and mb100's. £220 a pair, but once you go nextgen you understand why teddy uses these connectors, there quality is top notch.

I also use markgrant cable from my Uniti server to dac-VC -again with nextgen into the dac. Very nice sound.

I use Teddy's cables on all my Pardo systems for one key reason and that is he uses WBT NextGen on all his devices and his cables are correspondingly designed. I had not appreciated these fittings until my first Teddy Pardo equipment turned up, such a great tight locking mechanism. His leads seem to cost the same as the component prices.

Ian

advertisement

Back