advertisement

Buying tips please

Naimngame

pfm Member
Hey guys, I'm brand new (at least to this forum anyway),
Can I ask tips on how to know when it's safe to buy from peeps on here?
I'm after a hicap and would prob need to have it posted to me so wouldn't be able to hear working first. I know on eBay there are percentage ratings. Is everything done purely on trust here? The prices in classified seem reasonable but I can't afford to get stung when the purchase is a bit of a stretch for me anyway.
Any tips (or a nice low mileage hicap) appreciated
Cheers,
Mark

Thanks Basil
At 7.5k u looking safe.
Don't suppose u have a surplus olive hicap for sale? Ha ha
Thanks for the advice, I'll have another browse

Hey guys, I'm brand new (at least to this forum anyway),
Can I ask tips on how to know when it's safe to buy from peeps on here?
I'm after a hicap and would prob need to have it posted to me so wouldn't be able to hear working first. I know on eBay there are percentage ratings. Is everything done purely on trust here? The prices in classified seem reasonable but I can't afford to get stung when the purchase is a bit of a stretch for me anyway.
Any tips (or a nice low mileage hicap) appreciated
Cheers,
Mark

I have only been on here a relatively short time but every person I have come into contact with has been 100%.
I have had some complex soldery stuff done and purchased a couple of things from some of the nicest people in the world. I just find everyone so very helpful. So give yourselves a round of applause. Enjoy your time with PFM.

I've been on here for about 3 years and people are very reliable, both buying and selling. I've bought and sold a few bits and had no trouble. People here don't want to foul up their reputation for a couple of hundred pounds, especially if they have been here for a while.

In my experience a great place to both buy and sell. Post rate is no guide. Instead spend half an hour searching their threads/posts. It quickly tells you all you need to know about what kind of people they are and if they are punters or dealers.

Curious as to what would be potential problems if they were dealers. Wouldn't you feel more comfortable knowing they're less likely to skip town vs Joe Six-Pack?

Mark,

(Obviously) the safest approach is to pick up the equipment from the seller and ask for a demo before parting with folding money. Making it clear that this is your favoured option will often scare off a dodgy seller (although I have encountered dodgy sellers on other Internet sites my record with PFM is 100% excellent so far).

Nic P

Welcome.

I have bought and sold quite a bit here, in general it's a great place with some very helpful members.

Buyer beware is the approach required, check the feedback list and I believe post count is a rough guide.

What rubbish. I'm more honourable than the lot of you with my meagre post count.

But I'll add another anyway!

advertisement

Back