advertisement

Business phone line for an international website

richardg

Admonishtrator
I'm just starting on a google search here and getting a load of irrelevant crap. I don't even know the terminology so I thought I would ask here.

We want a phone line that French, English and German customers can ring into and that routes to a mobile. A number that looks familiar and local to customers ringing, not international. We can't have numbers that would make them pause for fear of paying international phone charges. So 08 numbers are fine in all 3 countries I believe? We pay any international excess call charges.

What do I need to search or look out for? Even better, got any links of companies that offer this?

virtual phone number service. My consultancy bill is in the post
A begrudging thanks, that narrows it down a lot...now why are they selling me different numbers for the different countries? I know a competitor that has one number for all countries. This is what I was hoping for.

the only company I know in this space is https://www.voyced.eu/ but I dont know if they do what you want. (I have never used them myself so this is not a recommendation - for that I would charge more)

I think you need to search for international toll-free phone numbers. From memory many are serviced by voip companies. You probably have to register with one of them, get them to set up a number for each country you want to use, and then you’re set: the calls get routed to you. You’ll probably have a setup cost per number, periodic rental fee, and call charges.
You could consider setting up a Skype system on your website, so people can contact you via that: many people will recognise that skype to skype calls are free, and so not worry about calling, but it may require them to have the app.
I think I read once you have websites for different countries /languages, having a free to call number that relates to those sites could look very cool (so one each for German speaking Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany; one for France and French speaking Switzerland, etc.). What I really don’t know is how you answer the calls in the right language!!

Andrews & Arnold.

I was paying £56 a month to BT business for a line only including caller display and landline calls diverted to my mobile someone (Mark Grant I think) on here recommended A&A and I'm now paying about £2.50 a month for the same service in fact it's about a million times better.

https://www.aa.net.uk

I think you need to search for international toll-free phone numbers. From memory many are serviced by voip companies. You probably have to register with one of them, get them to set up a number for each country you want to use, and then you’re set: the calls get routed to you. You’ll probably have a setup cost per number, periodic rental fee, and call charges.
You could consider setting up a Skype system on your website, so people can contact you via that: many people will recognise that skype to skype calls are free, and so not worry about calling, but it may require them to have the app.
I think I read once you have websites for different countries /languages, having a free to call number that relates to those sites could look very cool (so one each for German speaking Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany; one for France and French speaking Switzerland, etc.). What I really don’t know is how you answer the calls in the right language!!
Yes, GT's company link Voyced said to me it is possible to have one number for all countries, the number starts like this though: 008. I don't want any formats that people are not used to and a double zero will make some people wonder if they are ringing another country and therefore will get charged.

Skype is worth considering.

Andrews & Arnold.

I was paying £56 a month to BT business for a line only including caller display and landline calls diverted to my mobile someone (Mark Grant I think) on here recommended A&A and I'm now paying about £2.50 a month for the same service in fact it's about a million times better.

https://www.aa.net.uk
I can't see anything on their site to suggest they offer international stuff?

Will you have someone to answer the phone throughout the extended European day or will you have a limited support time.

Similar question marks for your site?

I have one number on my site, with a dialling code that simply relates to where I am as it’s simply a BT phoneline.

I would like to move over to VOIP as we have just had fibre fitted in the village so the speed is now there.. would be interested to hear how you get on with a and a for example if that’s who you use.

I realise that you sell throughout Europe, but if your website states where you are based I’d recommend having a number which relates to that location. It inspires confidence in your legitimacy.

you could add in a free number - it would be superb (imo) to have both a local number online and then a number that anyone can call ‘free’ from anywhere in Europe. That would be great.

I would add this to my site, and will when we move to VoIP.

could you have 0800 ‘CARBON’ for example lol. Do numbers on phones even carry letters these days??!

edit - yes(!) 0800 227266!!

This pan-European number is looking expensive. 300 to set up, 100 a year subscription and then about 5 a month for each country you want to be able to access it...and 15p per minute when they call you.

I have one number on my site, with a dialling code that simply relates to where I am as it’s simply a BT phoneline.

I would like to move over to VOIP as we have just had fibre fitted in the village so the speed is now there.. would be interested to hear how you get on with a and a for example if that’s who you use.

I realise that you sell throughout Europe, but if your website states where you are based I’d recommend having a number which relates to that location. It inspires confidence in your legitimacy.

you could add in a free number - it would be superb (imo) to have both a local number online and then a number that anyone can call ‘free’ from anywhere in Europe. That would be great.

I would add this to my site, and will when we move to VoIP.

could you have 0800 ‘CARBON’ for example lol. Do numbers on phones even carry letters these days??!

edit - yes(!) 0800 227266!!

Honestly look at A&A you can do practically anything with Voip and it's buttons for line rental and calls, I called Spain from my mobile last January, cost me £10 for about 30 seconds, I called the same number in Spain from my 'landline' in September the call cost was 15p.

I set up a tag (112) for incoming calls that are diverted to my mobile so that I know where the calls are coming from and from whom however the only problem with that is that the tag means my iPhone doesn't see the number as a contact but all I do is remove the tag and redial the number and if it's a customer's number in my phone then I can see that.

You can also block caller ID/caller withheld numbers as in they don't call you or can't call you and you can have multiple numbers set up for the various things that you do ie one number for rug enquires another number for carpet enquiries and so on.

Plus you can also set up one of those 'press one for sales press 2 for customer service set ups.

advertisement

Back