advertisement

Burndy Connector

Swifty

Hi All,

Does anyone have any documentation on the Burndy connector that Naim use ?

I am hoping to make some changes to a black Burndy that I have but can't find an easy way of popping the pins, I don't want to force anything or butcher it until I know how the connector is built.

From some research it looks like the connector is made by FCI but I am not able to find anything on it, let alone a nice PDF that describes the construction !

Many thanks,

Swifty.

From dim and distant memory, I think there is a special tool to release the pins; a hollow pin that you push over the pin to depress the latches buried in the connector shell. The pin then pulls out from the cable side.

Many thanks for both replies, I now have the answers I need.

ced, this is the correct connector. It is the 19 pin version, once the cable retention clip is removed the back section of the connector can be unscrewed, this then gives full access to the connector head.

Patrick, your memory is spot on ! The contacts contain louvres that hold the pin in place, the special extraction tool holds these down and then pushes the pin out the back of the connector head. All I need to do now is try and improvise one of these...

From the Farnell information I did some more searching and found a PDF that has some more details, this might be helpful for someone else.

http://www.connectech.com/trimtrio.pdf

Thanks again for your quick responses.

Swifty.

advertisement

Back