advertisement

bulding the ultimate diy system

Don't worry Anjora, none of us can read Swedish in any case, even if we were interested in following you about.

Hey, I'm interested!

Who here wouldn't like to see Anjora's FR plot that's flat from 1Hz to 100kHz?

Who here wouldn't like to see pictures of a system homebuilt by Anjora's fair hand that's capable of producing said plot??

Who here wouldn't want to go round and actually listen to some of Anjora's music on it???

Hmmm????

Count me in!

Cheers
Sparks

I definitely am as well!

Maybe we can even get fox to compose us so test music with some infa and ultra content to have listen to.

Bit disappointed an enthusiastic new member has been hounded out :(. Who cares what his motives are, at least he's giving it a go.

Please post your progress Anjora even if it's just a flying visit. I completely understand if you don't want to engage with the forum any more that that though.

Stefan

Good point Sparks, and good to see you on here again incidentally. Let's see what he comes up with when he's finished with the soldering iron. And the welder. And the plasma cutter. And the circular saw.

On another note, I got a copy of Thea Gilmore's Recorded Delivery recently, and you get a credit. Excellent album, too, mostly I suspect because Nigel stopped at home.

I definitely am as well!

Bit disappointed an enthusiastic new member has been hounded out :(. Who cares what his motives are, at least he's giving it a go.

Please post your progress Anjora even if it's just a flying visit. I completely understand if you don't want to engage with the forum any more that that though.

Stefan

He hasn't been hounded out, he's been offered loads of advice he's chosen to ignore.

There was definitely an air of what my Nan would call 'know it all' I agree, but there was an awful lot of hounding going on as well, even the mods threatened the thread, the first time that has happened here. His enthusiasm for the project should have been encouraged IMHO, he's clearly going to make it anyway.

His enthusiasm for the project should have been encouraged IMHO, he's clearly going to make it anyway.
Nowt wrong with exospheric ambition, but you've got to be kidding me. Even if he succeeded with infra-bass and ultra-hiss, I'm willing to bet it won't play music. The art of loudspeaker design is not FR linearity, range or SPL. It's about getting a pair of different drivers to sound as one, seamlessly and coherently.

Nowt wrong with exospheric ambition, but you've got to be kidding me. Even if he succeeded with infra-bass and ultra-hiss, I'm willing to bet it won't play music. The art of loudspeaker design is not FR linearity, range or SPL. It's about getting a pair of different drivers to sound as one, seamlessly and coherently.

Oh I completely agree with most of what is said, just felt that once one person started to criticise ( albeit constructively) everyone jumped on the band waggon. It would have been nice to see a finished project I guess.

Oh I completely agree with most of what is said, just felt that once one person started to criticise ( albeit constructively) everyone jumped on the band waggon. It would have been nice to see a finished project I guess.
With due respect, I don't think the OP helped himself with his attitude.

advertisement

Back