advertisement

Built in double ovens

blossomchris

I feel better than James Brown
we currently have a hotpoint built in oven, now 12 years old and I have repaired it 3 times, one of which was our fault. the main heater element blew last night, and the large door is not closing tightly so need yo replace this with a new unit

any suggestions please, around £500 or lower.

How do you manage the weight of swapping them in and out? Pay the delivery guys to do it?

the one linked to at curry's up thread is 48Kg

That'll be the whole box included

They're no where near that weight

When I took our previous out to have it swapped over, it was maybe 25-30kg absolute MAX, if that TBH

I know what nearly 50kg of weight feels like; the ovens don't weigh that at all

Before you get a replacement, ensure that it is consistent with the power supply that currently feeds your electric oven. If the space where your oven will go is served 'only' by a standard electric socket you will be restricted to a less power-hungry appliance (<3kw). If you've already got an improved power supply you can go for a bigger fancier oven. You probably know that already but if you get it wrong you'll be putting in new wiring or sending back your replacement oven.

I have just had a built in hotpoint oven replaced . only a single oven . hotpoint came and fitted it and took it away . it was well below 500 but thats a single oven. i just had to measure the cavity and check the new one fitted

Before you get a replacement, ensure that it is consistent with the power supply that currently feeds your electric oven. If the space where your oven will go is served 'only' by a standard electric socket you will be restricted to a less power-hungry appliance (<3kw). If you've already got an improved power supply you can go for a bigger fancier oven. You probably know that already but if you get it wrong you'll be putting in new wiring or sending back your replacement oven.

Correct, so ignore post #7!

I was thinking of two single ovens.

I've got a 32A supply to two ovens and a microwave.

Been a while since I installed our kitchen but a tip for installing a double oven into a built in kitchen unit is to land it onto a Black & Decker Workmate set to the height of the opening. You can then feed the power supply cable through the back while you slide the oven in.

advertisement

Back