advertisement

Building the Ergo E-IX mini-monitor loudspeaker system

Sorry Stefan, I meant confirm at my end! Need to decide if I want grilles and whether I want to risk my neonate-level soldering on the crossovers. Almost certainly the answers will be ‘no’ and ‘no’....

As suspected, sober reflection brought ‘no’ and ‘no’!

The only thing I would bother with from here is the drivers. Getting those from Madisound would be about the same cost, so yes I would rather just give the business to you. Of course, being in Canada, the VAT wouldn't apply to me either. I also want the near-boundary XO.

Hi everyone,
It's just to let you know the two new Ergo-IX twins were born last April.
I have to say WOW those two little monsters never cease to impress me.
They are so good I have to stop using the sub because it sounds better without it.
Less bass but a lot more details.
Thanks, James for such a nice design.
I got the Scanspeak K01 second hand and only then I started looking for a design online.
I must say I feel super lucky that James did such an amazing job.

I get a spam error message when I try to add the link to the picture so here is the pseudo link
i.imgur.com/Dy27CHim_jpg

Last edited:
OK let's see how we are doing here.

Members that are in

@Mike Hanson - you are in for the drivers and the crossover, do you still want those building?
@hc25036 - you are in for cabinet kit with drivers and a fully built crossover
@cutting42 - you are in for a set of drivers and crossover components
@MartinC - you are in for freestanding crossover parts
@Joel Burt - You are in for everything ready built

Members who are out

@laverda

Members who we haven't heard from or I'm not sure confirmed, can you guys just read back up the thread for any posts you might have missed and just confirm if you want to proceed still?

@vinylspin
@James
@Pete MB&D
@chiily

Once I have a yes or no from everyone, I'll get you all to email me with your details and I can raise you all an invoice.

Have a great weekend.

Stefan

Sorry for my tardy reply, Stefan. I think I will have to give it a miss due to the cost of shipping halfway across the world. One pair of E-IXs in residence is sufficient, I feel.

Hi Stefan
On further consideration, can I sign up for some free-standing-version crossovers please if I'm not too late.

Stefan

If it is not to late could you put me down for a set of drivers and crossover components (near-boundary) please.

Hi Stephan
I am a bit late to the party but please can I have a set of crossovers for close to the wall . I am not fussed about the PCB's as I have access to PCB manufacture if that helps.

Hi All, sorry, been silly busy this last couple of weeks with a couple of new products coming out soon.

Could everyone still on the list PM me with your, name, address, email and phone number, I can invoice those who have pretty simple requests then. Tomorrow I will go through the thread and answer any queries and ask any questions I need answered.

Stefn

Hi all, I've still not heard from @Mosquito, @2_dive , @chiily , @Pete MB&D and @cutting42 .

I'm just PMing them to see if they are still interested and to get them to PM me back with the details the rest of you have sent me already. I'll give them till the end of the weekend to answer, if not, I'll move forward with those of you who have given me your details so far.

Stefan

I am definitely in for a set of close to wall x overs
Having a senior moment and finding it difficult to PM the reply

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for sending the reminder. I'm in for the following:

Name : Adam Tanner
Forum Name: ThELiZ
Cabinet kit : No
Drivers : Yes
Crossover components : Yes (close to wall)
Crossover build and test : No
Cabinet/full build : No

Those of you who have given me all the right info should now have messages with links to invoices.

As I need to avoid credit card fees on this GB I have included bank details on the invoices. There is a USD account, a Euro account and of course a GBP account. All of the invoices are in GBP but if those of you outside the country are doing bank transfers then please let me know and I will convert your invoice to which ever of those currencies suits your circumstance best, let me know. It may be easier to do PayPal you'll either have to add 3.4% or do a friends and family to [email protected] if there are currency transfer fees make sure they are covered as well.

Assuming everyone pays up before the weekend is out I will order these parts on Monday.

Stefan

Thanks to those of you who have paid, I'll put a list below of where we are at payment and confirmation wise.

I do need to check the amounts are correct and I will try and do that later if I get 5.

@vinylspin - no confirmation, assume no longer interested
@chiily - no confirmation, assume no longer interested
@Logic800 - no confirmation, assume no longer interested

@Mosquito - Paid
@DaveMc64 - Paid
@2_dive - Paid
@hc25036 - Paid
@Mike Hanson - Paid
@jpk - Paid
@MartinC - Paid

@Joel Burt - awaiting payment
@ThELiZ - awaiting payment (talking about that already)

advertisement

Back