Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Build Back Better

Discussion in 'off topic' started by kensalriser, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

When he has an extra head grafted on we will know that life is really imitating art.

2. TheDecameron

TheDecameron Unicorns fart glitter.

The “post Covid world/ no going back” is a fantastic smoke screen for the S h1t they are about to heap on the public. It washes away the economic and political stain of Brexit through its sheer magnitude and of course Boris didn’t cause Covid, he had it thrust upon him -by nature. People will though initially be able to see the hit from Brexit in a few months as manufacturing packs up.
    Boris isn’t a strategist, he’s gate keeper to the trough and my, how they’re having their fill. What’s he remembered for? Boris bike, Boris bus, Boris bridge ( fictitious). Narcissistic branding exercises like Trump.

3. claire.foxx

claire.foxx Trans lives matter more than cis feelings

RogerJW likes this.
  4. Monitor Gold 10

Monitor Gold 10 pfm Member

Ah yes. The Boris Bus. New Routemaster. White Elephant. These are too long to operate in areas outside London. They are heavy, inefficient and unreliable. They're not even being used as intended; Conductor\Customer Service Assistant anyone?

The build quality is very poor compared to contemporary off the shelf designs like the Alexander Dennis Enviro 400H.

Unlike the ADL E400H, these vehicles aren't going to find homes post TfL Contracts. Nobody wants them. Loads of money was squandered sending examples to Hong Kong, The USA and Europe. To showcase state of the art UK Engineering.

What an embarrassment.

5. Nero

Nero Wiped Clean

They were also a sop to Norn Iron. The only use for them is getting Beckham to kick a football from the top deck, while Jimmy Page riffs Whole Lotta Love.

Ah, nostalgia. Remember 2012?

6. hc25036

hc25036 pfm Member

Bit late to this, but discussed the wind power ‘plan’ with someone who would need to make this possible. First it would need roughly one new wind turbine per week for the ten years, secondly, battery (or something else) energy storage roughly equivalent to two nuclear power stations needs to be built, and thirdly, money at least in the high tens of billions found. Not impossible, but a big ask.

stephen bennett likes this.
  7. RogerJW

RogerJW pfm Member

My god - I like this thread! Feel like forming a government cabinet? Rather than the current ‘cabinet of Dr Caligari’ or the chamber of horrors?

8. peter bj

peter bj pfm Member

Boris always promises things he clearly knows he cannot deliver just to big himself up .Highly unlikely there will be enough money in the pot for most of his statements . Also funny how he still looks over his shoulder for an approving cheer with nobody in the room !

9. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Sue Pertwee-Tyr Well, I can dream, can’t I?

Yes, it's another distraction.

"Johnson major, where is your Latin homework?!"

"Sir, I have been working on a far more exciting and valuable project to translate the entire works of Shakespeare into Latin. I expect to complete this by the end of term."

sean99 and Snufkin like this.
  10. claire.foxx

...then proceed to hand in a preexisting Latin/Shakespeare from the school library with his name taped to the cover.

Snufkin likes this.
  11. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Perhaps he’s keeping a wary eye out for daggers.

sean99 likes this.
  12. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

It's difficult not to appear all 'tin foil hat' when discussing these topics with friends and colleagues. However, having exited a decade or two ago from a high-control religious cult I have been here before with the gaslighting/micromanaging/'misleading with words'/victim blaming/"for the good of..." approach that now appears to be present in most places. Overall, I am a just a little concerned that whatever 'reset' we may be faced with will not be pleasant and will indeed be something to challenge and resist. As previously noted on this thread, check the World Economic Forum web site for the kind of "ideas" that I just don't like reading about (e.g. CBDC's/central bank digital currency)

13. eternumviti

eternumviti Bloviating Brexiter

Every little helps. Helps every little. Little helps every. Helps little every.

Strictly come dancing. Dancing come strictly. Come dancing strictly. Dancing strictly come.

Could someone explain to me what 'gaslighting' is?

14. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

Or just, you know, not hand it in at the end of term after all.

15. Sue Pertwee-Tyr

What is gaslighting. Is gaslighting what. Gaslighting what is.

eternumviti likes this.
  16. Bart

Bart pfm Member

Something to do with matches and flatulence?

17. LostAtSea

LostAtSea "33 222 1 222"

Harumph. For a millisecond, the merest idea of the thought of a 'Flounce' was entertained by what I laughingly call my 'mind'..

18. claire.foxx

True... I’m thinking bunter Johnson might not have been so lazy back them — he might have gotten a scholarship fag to do it for him.

19. kensalriser

kensalriser pfm Member

Hilariously it turns out this slogan is a total rip. First used as Building back better by the UN in 2015 and more recently in its current form by...the Joe Biden campaign.

20. stephen bennett

stephen bennett Mr Enigma

It’s when you start pumping hydrogen into the gas system to try to hit Johnson’s impossible target.

Stephen

Sue Pertwee-Tyr likes this.