advertisement

Budgie

Budgie! What a great band. I saw them at Wakefield Town Hall in 1980. Just brilliant!
Squawk is my fave album. I managed to touched the lead's trouser leg. I had a thing at the time of doing this. (I'm not gay or owt!) I also touched Bill Nelsons trouser leg. Pink Oxford bags I recall.

Good thread, great band. Saw them two or three times late 70s. Some great tracks on several albums but my favourite album has to be Bandolier. That's on the playlist for tonight. ;-0

Budgie one week, Rory Gallagher the next - those were fun times.

Steve

Is that the Budgie that were a favourite of Tony Prince (your royal ruler) on Radio Luxemberg? He played a track entitled "nude descending parachutist woman" ad nauseam.

Is that the Budgie that were a favourite of Tony Prince (your royal ruler) on Radio Luxemberg? He played a track entitled "nude descending parachutist woman" ad nauseam.
I don't remember Tony Prince but that is cetainly one of their's :)
"Sound like a ten-ton Budgie"

Good thread, great band. Saw them two or three times late 70s. Some great tracks on several albums but my favourite album has to be Bandolier. That's on the playlist for tonight. ;-0

Budgie one week, Rory Gallagher the next - those were fun times.

Steve

+1 Bandolier is my favourite. I first heard it in the late 80's.
The band I was in at the time used to play a passable version of "I can't see my feelings"

My wife loves it, in fact it is the only hard rock album she likes.:D

Her favourite track is "Slip away" though I have heard the strains of breaking all the house rules booming from the windows when I have arrive home.

Apparently it is a great accompaniment when doing the housework.:)

Who would have thought.

advertisement

Back