advertisement

'Buckleyitis'

leroyd

pfm Member

Going through a dose of Buckleyitis. (code for cant bother to listen to anything other than Buckley cause nothing compares)
The voice of an angel, a demon and everything in between. His album Grace is an emotional rollercoaster like nothing I have heard. The number of times I have had to take it off the turntable because of its intensity is too many to mention. But when the mood is right, that album resonates with the soul like no other.

I remember buying “Grace” on vinyl on release…thinks, nearly 27 years ago now…not knowing any of Jeff’s music but being recently introduced to his dad’s. It took a few spins but “Grace” soon became a nightly listen for a while.

I have had this album for many years, I play it relatively infrequently & it has never really grabbed me. Not sure why, maybe the ubiquity of him as an artist in the music mags at the time?

Amazing voice though.

I have had this album for many years, I play it relatively infrequently & it has never really grabbed me. Not sure why, maybe the ubiquity of him as an artist in the music mags at the time?

Amazing voice though.

Yep, I have mates who don't get it. The first time I heard 'Grace' it just blew me away. Timing is everything for me when I listen to it.

Got the live version of alleluia in Canada on vinyl, as you say not a record you listen to lightly.

Listened to Grace a lot when going through a particularly bad, unfathomable time.
One of my top 10, if not top 5 all-time favourite albums.

advertisement

Back