advertisement

Buchardt S400

BigBlue2020

pfm Member
These speakers have plenty of rave reviews on You Tube, but aren't well commented on on hi fi forums - probably because not many people have them.

By all accounts they have a great all round sound, with a full bass.

I wondered if anyone on here has heard them, and how they feel they compare to the usual suspects - ATC, Proac, Harbeth, Dynaudio etc ?

Never heard a pair but 1800euros Lot of cash for a chinese made bookshelf compared to Uk/Eu made ATC, Proac, Harbeth, Dynaudio etc
Never mind long term value/resell

to achieve this, production takes place in a renowned Danish / Chinese factory: Hansong in Nanjing, China. Hansong has extensive experience manufacturing some of the world's best-known high-end hi-fi brands. Models like the S300 are assembled and tested in Denmark. The S400 is being assembled in China due to higher testing requirements, as its design requires special testing equipment that is not available in Denmark. For Buchardt Audio it is crucial that the production facility used provides the best working conditions for the employees. Hansong offers all employees special health services - a rare sight in China. Hansong is ISO 9001 certified and has locations in China, Denmark and the US.

https://www.hifipilot.de/Buchardt-Audio_2

Are you sure they are Chinese made ?

If no mention of china it is made in China by a CEM ( contract electronics manufacturing company )
made in UK , germany , japan etc will be clearly stated $1.52 per hour compared to £10-20 per hour

Is $1.52 per hour a decent wage in China, everything's relative, that would be classed as a very good wage here in Cambodia.

Talking about the new s400 Mark 2 , has any one tried them or thinking of upgrading ?

Are they good at low volumes ? They have a passive radiator similar to the amphion 3s . The latter are very enjoyable and be interesting to compare a similar speaker such as the buchardt. The amphion are slightly more money but then they are not made in china

I don't know about the S400 but the A500 look like a very well thought out product, and it's good to see this kind of total-speaker at a reachable price. I'd like to hear it.

advertisement

Back