advertisement

Bubbleupnp and installing Optware-ng’s ffmpeg binaries on a Synology NAS

andrews

pfm Member
This may be the wrong forum...

I have BubbleUPNP running on a Synology NAS in order to feed my NDS with Qobuz

Older Naim units such as the NDS sound better when fed WAV rather than FLAC
The Synology transcodes *locally* stored files to WAV perfectly

The problem is that Qobuz only sends FLAC files - which are currently passed onto the NDS as FLAC.

BubbleUPNP states it is possible to make the Synology transcode FLAC to WAV feeds
https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/nas_install.html
By installing Optware-ng’s ffmpeg binaries
https://bubblesoftapps.com/bubbleupnpserver2/docs/linux_install.html#optware_ng_ffmpeg

Does anyone have experience of installing these binaries, as my expertsoie stiosp at getting Telnet to login to my Synology

I am running DSM 6.2.3 (latest version)

Thanks in advance

Just to answer my own querry.

Bubblesoft have confimed that it is not possible to rum ffmpeg on Synology DSM at presentt using version 0.9-update38 of BubblesoftUPNP

Thsi should be possible with a future update

I'll keep you posted

Just to answer my own querry.

Bubblesoft have confimed that it is not possible to rum ffmpeg on Synology DSM at presentt using version 0.9-update38 of BubblesoftUPNP

Thsi should be possible with a future update

I'll keep you posted
Hi I am in exactly the same situation as you and would be quite keen to transcode the qobuz flac stream to wav but it still sounds better to my ears than native tidal via the Naim streamer (272) in my case.
Look forward to hearing if a solution becomes possible,Thanks

Hi I am in exactly the same situation as you and would be quite keen to transcode the qobuz flac stream to wav but it still sounds better to my ears than native tidal via the Naim streamer (272) in my case.
Look forward to hearing if a solution becomes possible,Thanks

I did email teh developer asking when thsi might be included but did not get an update

It sems that the Synology prodcut is not updated very frequenly, so I guess it may be another year or so

Have you any experience of anything else that will starem Qobuz *from a Synology* to my legacy Nain device (NDS)?

You are better off running Bubble UPnP on a Ras Pi or old PC/Laptop. Transcode to your heart's delight and get better SQ to boot as Bubble will act as local proxy.

I am in exactly the same position - rendering to a Nac-N172XS and have just found this thread. I also run Minimserver on my Synology which uses the native Synology ffmpeg also running DSM 6.2.3 to transcode from Flac to Wav, so it seems odd that it doesn't work. That's worked fine for a few years. The problem has arisen due to a choice to ditch Spotify and move to Qobuz. I can stream in Flac from Qobuz up to 192.24 which is a big step forward over Spotify, but maddening that this last step can't be resolved. I will ask Qobuz support just in case.

I tried the Synocommunity ffmpeg, which didn't work but have been reluctant to try some of the other software suggestions, and I don't want to add a Pi. Have just added a question on the Bubble forum.

DSM 7 will arrive soon which may offer additional problems or hopefully a solution.

I am in exactly the same position - rendering to a Nac-N172XS and have just found this thread. I also run Minimserver on my Synology which uses the native Synology ffmpeg also running DSM 6.2.3 to transcode from Flac to Wav, so it seems odd that it doesn't work. That's worked fine for a few years. The problem has arisen due to a choice to ditch Spotify and move to Qobuz. I can stream in Flac from Qobuz up to 192.24 which is a big step forward over Spotify, but maddening that this last step can't be resolved. I will ask Qobuz support just in case.

I tried the Synocommunity ffmpeg, which didn't work but have been reluctant to try some of the other software suggestions, and I don't want to add a Pi. Have just added a question on the Bubble forum.

DSM 7 will arrive soon which may offer additional problems or hopefully a solution.

There were early problems with DSM 6, so I have laernt not to be an ear;y adopter regardless of the hype

advertisement

Back