advertisement

Bruce Springsteen - Western Stars

hope its as good as you'all saying.... nothing Bruce has done since the River has done a lot for me but will give this a shot.

They were playable, without any effect on the sound, but at £26, I'm afraid my OCD kicks in....

Frustratingly, #3 is flatter, but has more crackling than a Toby Carvery. I’ll try cleaning it, but this might have to go too. I’ll stick to my WAVs.....

Wester Stars has just arrived (finally) and each disc is nice and flat, zero warping - not listened to it as yet, hopefully over the weekend.

Finally got round to listening to this yesterday, courtesy of Spotify, and I must say that I'm very impressed.

There's only one duff track imho, 'There Goes My Miracle', but the rest is rather excellent.

Frustratingly, #3 is flatter, but has more crackling than a Toby Carvery. I’ll try cleaning it, but this might have to go too. I’ll stick to my WAVs.....

No better after cleaning. That's three blue duds so far. I'm out. WAVs it is....

There's only one duff track imho, 'There Goes My Miracle', but the rest is rather excellent.

When I heard that track I assumed that would be the single from the album. After listening to it a few times on Qobuz I ordered the LPs from Amazon. Rather frustratingly the locker it was delivered to accepts my code but then refuses to open saying there’s a ‘technical fault’. Grrr

First play tonight and it really is very good. Certainly his best in quite some time. Who'd a thought he would have gone in this direction, but i'm pleased he did. Cracking album.

I think I got lucky with the vinyl too. Both discs totally flat, and I counted only two to three extra (minor) clicks / pops over the whole of all four sides, otherwise a fab pressing. My copies were ordered direct from the UK Springsteen store, so not sure if their batch is from a different pressing plant to some of the other UK supplied record stores.

Last edited:
It is far better than I expected. I think it could have done without the orchestration. The song about the diner jarred with me

When I heard that track I assumed that would be the single from the album. After listening to it a few times on Qobuz I ordered the LPs from Amazon. Rather frustratingly the locker it was delivered to accepts my code but then refuses to open saying there’s a ‘technical fault’. Grrr

That track title seems particularly apposite then! ;)

My black vinyl was from Amazon and it's quiet and clean, a good quality pressing; luck of the draw!?
Exact same here.... Think there is one click on side C but otherwise perfect.

Really enjoyed it too... Best since the River I think. The lush strings are occasionally a bit OTT....very sentimental, but its an album to sink into end-to-end.

Listening to "Western Stars" now , it's rather good , not old stuff level IMO ( Ghost of.. , River , etc..) but very enjoyable , one of the best in long time .

I quite like it. After some track intros I keep expecting Mark Knopfler or Van Morrison to start singing. One track I am sure is sung by Andy Williams.

It’s number 2 on my favourite albums list, Darkness is number 1
Darkness is his best album, there is little debate about that. 'The wild..', I haven't listened to in a long while. Tunnel of Love is probably the one I've listened to the most

I like "Darkness.." but my top 3 favourites are:
Ghost of Tom Joad
We Shall Overcome
The Wild , The Innocent ...

advertisement

Back