advertisement

Broken Voice coil.Causes

I tried googling the "2's" only the ca17rcy original would come up. Spacing for those is the same as the vifs's ie equal. My concern is the sound,well my main concern,price is obviously a factor.Have you a link to the 2's?

Ok 3db less sensitive ,so my 88 is more sensitive than 91db ,less is more?

Less is just different I'm afraid. Wild stab in the dark, but I would imagine with 88db rather than 91 you'll have less bass output. There are differences in the other parameters as well, so they will sound different. As I say, seas told me the ca17rcy2 would sound identical to the ca17rcy (and the /P variant), just a difference in the metal frame that was used in the newer driver.

I had a pair of T2's (great speakers), and you most certainly do NOT want to use those Vifa P17's.

Polycone, lacklustre driver will ruin them. The engaging character of the Talisman 2 derives from the light paper cones combined with generous magnets; fast and dynamic, at the expense of a flat response.

Any speaker repair company will be able to replace the coil on that driver and return your Tali's to original performance.

And if you'd like to know some tweaks to make them sound just a bit better, I'm happy to oblige.

advertisement

Back