advertisement

British Audio

Well I’ve learnt a few things there. Couple of companies I didn’t realise were British - that’ll teach me to make assumptions. And I guess Touraj what’s his name left Roksan and started Vertere?

Yes, that is correct in a sense tha he was the guy behind Roksan and now Vetere, you can see the 'dna' of the products, especially the Sara and SG-1 tonearms

Well I’ve learnt a few things there. Couple of companies I didn’t realise were British - that’ll teach me to make assumptions. And I guess Touraj what’s his name left Roksan and started Vertere?
Touraj Moghadam.. or thereabouts.. I believe.

When made into a list like that, it strikes me as being a startlingly good selection and number of HiFi companies. Certainly something to be proud of. I could make some tasty combinations out of that lot.

Ray

I remember my 16-17 year old self and an audiophile pal of same age doing this list way back... So many names from back then either foreign owned (most of the "biggest" names") or gone bust.... I guess there are many new names to somewhat make up for it though!

We made this list whilst listening to his new system of a Technics belt drive TT with Technics MM cart (IIRC SL-B2 but not 100% sure), JVC JAS-11G amp and Celestion Ditton 15XR speakers... circa 1981 AD :eek:o_O Nostalgia's not what it used to be yer know...

Company that made superb speakers kan sized British something or other...

Last edited:
Linn
Michell Engineering
Naim
Notts Analogue
SME
Rega
Sugden
Croft
Wilson Benesch
Tron
Art Audio