advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 Day in and are we all starving to death ? with no food in the shops ? and no medication in the chemist ?

I use the M20 very regularly and its still a race track every time a Euro tunnel freight carrier comes in full of European lorries , so not a lot has changed here ( My here )
On the other hand I'm still hearing polish spoken on buses and seeing them dark skinned people in supermarkets.

you should have started a "what is wrong in this photo?" thread with this.

i would say i have no idea who these people are, but i would also observe, going along with the game, that he has pinned TWO clashing things, in close proximity, on his jacket.

someone would have pointed out that you're jealous she's not digging those nails into YOUR back.

for balance, somebody else would have called you sexist.

i may now going to be called sexist because she is placing wool jacket on bare upper body (in my defense, there is no chest hair).

NOTE: the crucifix imagery paired with long *nails* is rather clever .

Your protections under the law just got downgraded-

the twerp Sebastian Payne tweets-

NEW: Michael Gove will oversee the constitutional review examining judges and judicial review.

“Dom wants to get the judges sorted and he’s naturally asked Michael to sort it out. He is trusted to do it”

Trump level attack on the judiciary or as Mr. Dacre would have it, the “Enemies of The People”.

We have it back, there is just the EU subsidy reduction to sort out.

They might have theirs back, and you might have yours.

I haven’t a fing clue what I’ve got, but it’s not anything I’ve had before, so it’s not anything I’ve got back. It remains to be seen what it’ll turn out to be. But I’m finding plenty of cause to worry about what it’ll be in the not too distant future.

Brexit has certainly effected the political landscape over the past couple of years, with both Labour and Liberals losing seats and the leader of each departing. Another scalp is Leo Varadkar who was only too willing to have the EU pull his strings and tell the UK that Brexit would be a catastrophe. He fell into the trap of losing touch and failed to ask what do the electorate want. Apparently his main topic in the media was Brexit:
Here is the most staggering statistic from the Irish election: just one per cent of voters said Brexit was a deciding factor in how they voted. According to an exit poll by Ipsos/MRBI, voters were far more driven by concerns about healthcare (32 per cent), housing (26 per cent), and pension issues (eight per cent).

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2020/02/leo-varadkar-has-paid-the-price-for-banging-on-about-brexit/
The moral of the story is know you electorate or suffer the consequences. Data is the key to success.

I thought we had been given a one billion Euros fine for doing too well last year.
Got any links, Colin? Only I googled this and nothing that came up remotely matched your description here. I'm assuming that's because your description is so far from reality that even Google couldn't find anything to match with it, but if you've got something, I'd be really interested to see it.

Got any links, Colin? Only I googled this and nothing that came up remotely matched your description here. I'm assuming that's because your description is so far from reality that even Google couldn't find anything to match with it, but if you've got something, I'd be really interested to see it.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...mand-britain-pays-1-billion-bill-sent-brexit/
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politic...ion-issue-britain-bill-109billion-brexit-day/

Paywalled so only got basic gist, but this is just the simple fact that contributions relate to GDP, or something. So it’s hardly punishment for doing too well. It’s just like you pay more tax in a year when you earn more. HMRC is not punishing you for doing too well, it just expects what it is due.

Are they the guys who walked down to London on Farage’s March?

Not as well attended as the various People’s Vote gigs, was it?

Paywalled so only got basic gist, but this is just the simple fact that contributions relate to GDP, or something. So it’s hardly punishment for doing too well. It’s just like you pay more tax in a year when you earn more. HMRC is not punishing you for doing too well, it just expects what it is due.
Might be worth investigating your local library. West Sussex gives you a free subscription to the PressReader app which gives you lots of paywalled papers for free, including the Torygraph, Daily Fail, Daily Brexpress and more. Trouble is, I can't bring myself to read them, but there are some good magazines on there if you're into cars, boats, and other life diversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back