advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being dictated to by unelected bureaucrats who we can't get rid of HAS to be a good thing doesn't it? As does NOT having a bankrupt nation.

Half truths, half understood truths underpinned by outright shite. At least we agree on the above, which is fulfilled completely by not leaving.

My quietly held view is that we are only the first out, and more will follow quickly. It's a good thing. I agree with much of what rcook says (not sure on the VAT... ;-))
The EU will not last in its current form. The concept of the euro currency cannot work. Many member states have already started to see the result - Portugal, Italy, Spain, Greece...and the consequences on the 'richer' states is self evident.
Yes it will be painful, yes it will take some time for us to work it out, but I believe there is some advantage in being 'firstmover'.
The uncertainty is ended and that in itself will be a huge benefit to everyone. Three years of uncertainty and government stagnation has decimated both the private and public sectors.

Roll on Feb with Brexit Done At Last and we can move on.
Fed up with leaving taking so long.
Sorry for all you people that moaned and moaned for the last few years and tried to stop what the people voted for.
I'm not sorry at all because the people voted again and won :cool::p:(:p:cool:

So Brexit next week everyone. I was against it all the way but accept it is now going to happen.

I'm looking for positive effects it will have on my day to day life. There must be some good ones that can cheer me up. I'm looking for concrete benefits that will make my life better/easier.

Fewer Brexit related threads?

I just got my new driving license through after ten years up on my current one. It’s still pink with “EU” on it. Total disgrace if you ask me, we didn’t fight two world wars etc. Prison camp guards is still punishing us. It’s BINO if you ask me, stands to reason dunnit.

Last edited:
Sorry for all you people that moaned and moaned for the last few years and tried to stop what the people voted for.

Yep, and when they start moaning because Brexit doesn't deliver what they thought (as far as they are actually able to think that is) I shall enjoy laughing at them!

Cod. They did everything possible to avoid an informed vote.
Quite. Where is that report into Russian interference in UK politics, including the EU referendum? Did I miss its publication? I know Johnson managed to find time to approve its publication a couple of days after the election when it was impossible to do this before.

Quite. Where is that report into Russian interference in UK politics, including the EU referendum? Did I miss its publication? I know Johnson managed to find time to approve its publication a couple of days after the election when it was impossible to do this before.

The delay is due to the Publications office running out of black marker pens as a result of all the redactions that need to be done.

The uncertainty is ended and that in itself will be a huge benefit to everyone. Three years of uncertainty and government stagnation has decimated both the private and public sectors.

Have you not noticed that, actually, Jan 31st is not the end of this. It is merely the end of the beginning. And this is where the difficult bit starts. And by 'difficult' I mean, in some cases, 'next to impossible'. And we've only given ourselves until the end of this year to get that stuff done.

The last 3 years has been the phoney war. The next bit, and how we handle it, is where it all gets real.

is this a troll post or an utter moron?

Please be sure to keep us informed of the miraculous transformation in your fortunes which you expect on 01.02.2020...

You know the sort of thing.. colour and quantity of Unicorns seen gambolling in the local park.. colour and quantity of immigrants seen heading sheepishly for the exit.. massive weekly cash injections into the NHS... easiest trade deals in history being knocked out by the minute... etc.. etc...

...just in case I don't notice...:rolleyes:

Have you not noticed that, actually, Jan 31st is not the end of this. It is merely the end of the beginning. And this is where the difficult bit starts. And by 'difficult' I mean, in some cases, 'next to impossible'. And we've only given ourselves until the end of this year to get that stuff done.

The last 3 years has been the phoney war. The next bit, and how we handle it, is where it all gets real.

This. Few seem to have grasped that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back