advertisement

Brexit next week: give me a positive effect it will have on my daily life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I even saw an advert for a street party in Duckinfield, one of the poorest areas of Manchester.
You have clearly gone to some lengths to avoid nearby Glodwick (Oldham) and the greyer bits of Ashton-u-Lyne, both of which make Dukinfield look like South Kensington.

You can exhibit clearly racist behaviour and expect nods of approval when you counter any dissent with "It'll all be sorted out when we send the immigrants out".

The News might move onto something else.

Then the NHS will get the extra £350 million every week which will put your mind at rest.

You can sit and giggle when you think of how the Irish are going to get across their border and the hours of fun they are going to have with passport control in, say, Co. Fermanagh.

If you decide to start a vacuum cleaner company you will be able to manufacture cleaners with any amount of power and not be restricted to those silly EU limits. Just as well you won't be able to sell them in the EU as your products will be considerably more expensive than the equivalent EU products and hence uncompetitive even if the legislation allowed you to sell them in the first place.

I can't wait... taking back control .. of my vacuum cleaner's puny motor :D

So Brexit next week everyone. I was against it all the way but accept it is now going to happen.

I'm looking for positive effects it will have on my day to day life. There must be some good ones that can cheer me up. I'm looking for concrete benefits that will make my life better/easier.

You may be looking in the wrong place.

So Brexit next week everyone. I was against it all the way but accept it is now going to happen.

I'm looking for positive effects it will have on my day to day life. There must be some good ones that can cheer me up. I'm looking for concrete benefits that will make my life better/easier.

Proper blue passports ... and, of course, the return of the ten bob note ;)
(you can but hope)

The stock market has risen and my investments are already seeing the benefits as will anyone saving for their retirement also benefit.

Cheers,

DV

The stock market has risen and my investments are already seeing the benefits as will anyone saving for their retirement also benefit.

Cheers,

DV

What's that got to do with Brexit?

The UK stock market has significantly under performed the rest of the world since the 2016 referendum. I would say you are worse off compared to remaining in the EU unless your holdings were all non-UK shares.

Maybe one of the chief Brexit flag wavers like PaulR can chip in here and tell us what wonderful Brexit benefits lie in store for us?

What's that got to do with Brexit?

The UK stock market has significantly under performed the rest of the world since the 2016 referendum. I would say you are worse off in that respect unless your holdings were all non-UK shares.
My investments are diversified across the World and I have done very well thank you and so will anyone who is investing for their retirement. The recent 'bump' meant an 11.5% growth for me over the past 12 months and thats a good 10% above CPI(H) inflation. There has been a distinct jump in market value recently due to the certainty of Brexit. Wages are already rising faster than inflation so a feel good factor will be on its way. Once we have left the EU business will release their stockpiled cash and invest for the future. Although the road ahead will be bumpy it'll be a win win win for the UK.

Cheers,

DV

My investments are diversified across the World and I have done very well thank you and so will anyone who is investing for their retirement. The recent 'bump' meant an 11.5% growth for me over the past 12 months and thats a good 10% above CPI(H) inflation. There has been a distinct jump in market value recently due to the certainty of Brexit. Wages are already rising faster than inflation so a feel good factor will be on its way. Once we have left the EU business will release their stockpiled cash and invest for the future. Although the road ahead will be bumpy it'll be a win win win for the UK.

Cheers,

DV

Yes, but my point is without Brexit the UK market would have been much higher than it is now. Hardly a Brexit benefit, is it?

Way back in the 1950s, we always had a Christmas Party, usually in the living quarters of my Grandma's pub... The evening featured Bingo, played for a series of prizes, which were wrapped, so as to be unidentifiable until opened. Even at the age of maybe ten years, I was amused as a cousin eyed up the biggest prize and seemed desperate to win it. I smelled a rat. By some fluke he got a 'Full House' and immediately grabbed the biggest box. When he unwrapped it, there was revealed a shoe box, empty, save for a single boiled sweet. His face was a picture..

Everytime I think of Brexit....

I just got back from a business trip to Poland. I'm going to be so happy that I will no longer get those long annoying texts from EE telling me that I will be able to use my phone at the same rates as the in UK. It's so much nicer getting back and seeing those roaming charges on my bill later, so it doesn't spoil my trip

Once we have left the EU and Britain has negotiated trading agreements with all its major trading partners business will release their stockpiled cash and invest for the future. Although the road ahead will be bumpy it'll be a win win win for the UK.

Cheers,

DV

FIFY, when do you think all those comprehensive agreements will be in place?, clue: it's not the end of this month or the end of this year.

Nigel versus the Remainers...

Nigel : They’ve bled us white the bastards -they’ve taken every thing we had! And not just from us! From our Fathers and From our Fathers’ Fathers

"And from our Fathers Fathers’ Fathers - and from our Fathers Fathers Fathers’ Fathers"
- yeah alright Boris - don’t labour the point…

And what have they ever given us in return?

“Tariff-free trade with Japan and Canada?”

What?

“Tariff-free trade within the Japan and Canada?”

Oh yeah yeah. They did give us that. That’s true yeah.

“Improvements in the quality of beaches and bathing water”

“Oh yeah, the water. Remember what the water used to be like Nigel”

Yeah I’ll grant you, the free trade and the bathing water are two things the EU have given us.

“And the support for rural areas”

Yeah well obviously. The support for rural areas goes without saying doesn’t it? But apart from the water, the free trade, the support for farmers…

“Tariff free trade within the EU?”

“Human Rights?”

“Global Influence?”

Yeah Yeah alright. Fair enough.

“oh and the pension transferability” “ooh yes yes yes”

“ Yeah. Yeah! That’s something we’d really miss Nigel if we left the EU”

“ A 48 hour maximum working week?”

“ health and safety legislation?”

“ Yeah they certainly know how to keep things regulated. Let’s face it - the only ones who could in a place like this!”

Alright but apart from the tariff free trade, the water, the support for farmers, human rights, global influence, pension rights, a maximum working week health and safety at work and cleaner beaches, what has the EU ever given us?

“Brought Peace?”

Oh peace?

Shut up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back