advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Brexiteer solution (to everything): "Why don't we get the army to pick fruit/drive lorries/pluck turkeys/sell gas and electricity?"

I don't think using the army is a bad idea, they could fire the Turkeys from the barrels of tanks on Christmas day to households, not only would the feathers be blown off the turkeys, the blast would cook the Turkeys too, saving on delivery and gas!

The Brexiteer solution (to everything): "Why don't we get the army to pick fruit/drive lorries/pluck turkeys/sell gas and electricity?"
Remember back in the day when they couldn't find people to drive oil tankers and the government tried to get the army to do it? T Benn refused to sanction it and was pilloried. All the right wingers called it a scandal of Labour mismanagement from then until now. This is the Tory 'winter of discontent' and I hope people harp on about it for decades.

As opposed to your the hard remainer solution of ignoring the result of the referendum, pretending it never happened?

One thing we can all be sure that you're not running short of:

istock-471141162.jpg

The natural extension of this government approach is a virtual command economy. Conscription of a transport Corp and a land army. Immigration detention centres can put their prisoners into the fields to pick M&S British asparagus.

I just sat and listened to that entire video. Christ...I hope my back gets better soon, if I carry on I'll end up watching TikTok videos or something.

As opposed to your the hard remainer solution of ignoring the result of the referendum, pretending it never happened?

Hardly. I certainly don't forget either the lies told or that so many of the public were duped into such a stupid decision.

BTW, are you going to volunteer to pick some veg for us?

That 1980s sinister, gothic-looking windbag John Redwood was on Twitter this morning, saying big companies should raise wages and train more drivers to alleviate the shortages. This seems to be the government's new line. In a statement released an hour ago it contained:
"We are moving to a high wage, high skilled economy and businesses will need to adapt with more investment in recruitment and training to provide long-term resilience."

That 1980s sinister, gothic-looking windbag John Redwood was on Twitter this morning, saying big companies should raise wages and train more drivers to alleviate the shortages. This seems to be the government's new line. In a statement released an hour ago it contained:

If we're going "high skilled", the question remains, who's going to pick our veg?

We need someone who can do it well for a good price.
How about the guys that have always done it in the past?
Brexit shouldn't have to mean we can't import labour when it is needed.

Oh my word. Work release for when we need you because domestic labour won't take insulting wages/conditions, and piss off home afterwards.

Look at them flocking around the car not knowing this guy is sending them to the butcher's knife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back