advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me. Except it’s black to my eyes and so was my first many years ago.

There isn’t anything magical about it.
I've heard other people say this, but mine is clearly blue to me. I had my deceased grandad's old passport and that looked blue to me as well. Differences in colour perception is an unusual thing. Does anyone remember that odd thing about the dress which some saw as gold/white and others saw as blue/black? Very odd.

I've heard other people say this, but mine is clearly blue to me. I had my deceased grandad's old passport and that looked blue to me as well. Differences in colour perception is an unusual thing. Does anyone remember that odd thing about the dress which some saw as gold/white and others saw as blue/black? Very odd.

My old blue 1970 passport also now looks black to me. I have no idea if it has changed or I have. Many Dyes and paints are not stable over many years.

I always assumed that, the British passport was meant to be the same colour as the British Naval uniform for fairly obvious reasons.

On this website you can do mobility comparisons. Some interesting info. I was aware already, but it's worth mentioning that all the EU countries can get 180 days visa-free, whereas the UK can only get 90 days visa-free. Taking back control.
Also the Netherlands seems to be the only one with a Covid ban in Bulgaria...o_O

https://www.passportindex.org/byRegion.php?

Edit: I was wrong the UK is also banned. And others.

Hi peeps, this is going back a bit but it just popped up on my Twitter feed:

https://twitter.com/marcusjdl/status/1119940289110712321

I assume this was broadcast soon after the 2016 referendum result. I missed it at the time but it's shocking to hear Marr effectively regurgitating far-right talking points with, seemingly, no critical reflection.

Does anyone remember this edition of the Andrew Marr Show? Was it really as bad as this makes it sound?

I suspect that all the clip shows is that twitter is a dangerous place, and that you spend far too much time on it.

It does sound like a monologue comprised of the main, narrow cultural analysis for Brexit, rather than Marr's personal opinion, though who can tell what that wolf in sheep's clothing really thinks since he goalpost shifts so much? He's definitely a mouthpiece for the right-wing apologists.

The right thinks that Marr is a dyed-in-the-wool Blairite, for what it's worth.

I think that what you're saying is that the clip is almost certainly Marr introducing an opinion in order to then debate it. It is certainly his style to do this introductive monologue in 'the first hand'. It is certainly not Marr presenting his personal opinion, which I'm pretty certain would have breached his contract.

Is Andrew Marr pro-brexit/anti-immigration?

Of course he isn't. This is merely a textbook example of some twisted twitter fundamentalist snipping something from its context and kicking up a bit of dust from the safety of his bedroom.

How many people here have a magical 'blue passport'? I had to renew mine a couple of months back (first time I did it by international post and surprisingly it was very rapid - two weeks!). And it just looks the same, but blue. Woohoo. Oh, and that it's now only valid for shuttling back and forth between two countries.

Really? Which two countries?

The UK could have had Blue passports all along, there was nothing to stop them under EU rules, it's another fake talking point.
I doubt many are bothered. This is something else that has been ‘talked about’ by hard remainers as important to millions.

I doubt many are bothered. This is something else that has been ‘talked about’ by hard remainers as important to millions.

We are reduced to such banalities because no-one has given any real-world positives. What is important to those 17.2 millions ? And how is that going so far ?

We are reduced to such banalities because no-one has given any real-world positives. What is important to those 17.2 millions ? And how is that going so far ?
Resident leave voter here said he's happy to "keep the buggers out" and that if that means queuing at the airport he's happy enough. So there's one satisfied voter.

The blue passports thing was definitely conjured up to bulk up the 'independence' perception for the general public.

Is it time to merge the Gas & Electricity Prices, DVLA, Lorry Drivers, Social Care and CO2 Shortages into this thread ?
Or wait for a few more crisis ?

The blue passports thing was definitely conjured up to bulk up the 'independence' perception for the general public.
I never heard it mentioned in any of the tv debates I watched, nor have I ever heard anyone I know, or have even overheard anyone in pubs etc, talk about blue passports.

Resident leave voter here said he's happy to "keep the buggers out" and that if that means queuing at the airport he's happy enough. So there's one satisfied voter.
I hope you at least verbally abused him, labelled him a thick racist and perhaps even gave him a kicking.

I never heard it mentioned in any of the tv debates I watched, nor have I ever heard anyone I know, or have even overheard anyone in pubs etc, talk about blue passports.
Maybe it doesn't have to be purposefully mentioned. It's like any small thing added to an empty list to make it look better than an empty list. It's like the lists they kept publishing concerning 'trade deals' they'd made with piddling little islands just to be able to publish lists rather than no lists.

On this website you can do mobility comparisons. Some interesting info. I was aware already, but it's worth mentioning that all the EU countries can get 180 days visa-free, whereas the UK can only get 90 days visa-free. Taking back control.
Also the Netherlands seems to be the only one with a Covid ban in Bulgaria...o_O

https://www.passportindex.org/byRegion.php?

Edit: I was wrong the UK is also banned. And others.

To be fair the EU can have 180/365 days visa free in the UK in one chunk.

The UK can have 180/365 days visa free in the EU but only in two 90 day chunks with 90 days away.

Trouble with that is, hard remainers haven’t been reduced to it, it started before the referendum, before anyone realised we have a minority in this country not in favour of supporting the outcome of a democratic vote where the terms were known in advance.

I realise such comment is spun by people here to mean I support the tories and support brexit. Both are incorrect but I’ve said this before and been basically told I’m a liar too.

Hard remainers. You have to love ‘em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back