advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that the EU will not consider 'mutual recognition' of each other's standards, demanding with its now standard imperialist zeal that the UK (and all those other countries) submit to ECJ oversight. This is all the more absurd in the case of the UK because the UK's standards are already the same as, or better, than the EU's.

Yes, of course. Complaints of "rigid implementation" of the NI Protocol. By the same Lord Frost who not only "negotiated" it (I use the term very loosely) but who was also part of a cabal that insisted on an inflexible implementation of Brexit. If only the response to such hypocrisy could have been anticipated. Straight from the Trump playbook, when you need to deflect from your own utter incompetence, create unnecessary conflict with others in the hope that your role will be ignored.

Boris wants the other party to take him at his word and signed agreement, which as history has shown is foolhardy. Taking him at his word on delivering previously unknown technology could be considered madness.

I mean what would he do, phone up his favourite techpreneur and ask her to bang out something on the kitchen table?

Boris has been PM for about 2 years. The EU has a long and thoroughly dishonourable history of lying, concealment of intent, of obfuscation, and of ignoring the rules when it suits its purposes.

Johnson was a child of the EU. He went to primary school in Brussels with Ursula von der Leyen, for goodness sake. He knows how it operates.

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie." ™/The EU.

EV,
Same proposal, same response. No need for any fresh thinking.

BoJo said at the time of signature that it was a "Great Deal for NI". Could he have been lying about that, was he just ignorant of what he had signed the UK up to, or has his secret plan been, all along, to keep the UK aligned with food regulations in the EU, the way it still is now?

Who knows. It was, incidentally, a pretty good deal for NI, if not for the Union.

Yes, of course. Complaints of "rigid implementation" of the NI Protocol. By the same Lord Frost who not only "negotiated" it (I use the term very loosely) but who was also part of a cabal that insisted on an inflexible implementation of Brexit. If only the response to such hypocrisy could have been anticipated. Straight from the Trump playbook, when you need to deflect from your own utter incompetence, create unnecessary conflict with others in the hope that your role will be ignored.

You keep shouting this, and ranting about Trump's 'playbook', whatever that is, but you offer and seem to wish for no solution. All you're likely to achieve is to give yourself palpitations, or worse.

What food is not available due to brexit
I couldn’t find anything missing in my local Asda and there are plenty of tomatoes from my last delivery.
Last time I was told there were food and fuel shortages in Kuwait there were none there either.
It’s just media hype for the urban elites with a remain agenda

You keep shouting this, and ranting about Trump's 'playbook', whatever that is, but you offer and seem to wish for no solution. All you're likely to achieve is to give yourself palpitations, or worse.

As long as you keep deflecting from where the blame for this shambles lies, expect challenge. The solution is obvious.

I couldn’t find anything missing in my local Asda and there are plenty of tomatoes from my last delivery.
Last time I was told there were food and fuel shortages in Kuwait there were none there either.

Like you would report any.

Who knows. It was, incidentally, a pretty good deal for NI, if not for the Union.
Yes, it is. Boris Johnson recognized the benefits himself: "So actually Northern Ireland has got a great deal. You keep free movement, you keep access to the single market. But you also have, as it says in the deal, unfettered access to GB."
(Link to the video of BoJo giving that pep talk to NI business people: https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/boris-johnson-northern-ireland-brexit-deal-explained)

I notice you quoted Mr Norman somewhat selectively, he also mentioned his preferred solutions.
"Mr Norman added: “By far the easiest solution would be to agree a time limited veterinary/food standards agreement. I understand why the Government is not favourably disposed to this solution, but it is by far the best way of delivering a smooth trade flow.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/archie-norman-northern-ireland-m-s-brexit-irish-sea-b946923.html

Like you would report any.
the fresh aisle in tesco blackpool was maybe 50% empty. I asked someone working there what was going on and they said it was because too many people in the supply chain are isolating, causing huge disruption. they did not mention brexit.

In the dim distant past I seem to recall...

We hold all the cards
All the benefits and none of the costs
No checks/paperwork on shipments between NI and rUK
any many more.

How long until some people realise we are dealing with a posse of cheats, liars and clowns. The EU did a long time ago and as a gynaecologist VDL recognises them straight away.

Hunger Games- Summer Season hosted by,

vUJ0aMt.jpg

As long as you keep deflecting from where the blame for this shambles lies, expect challenge. The solution is obvious.

I'm not deflecting from anything.

What is your obvious solution?

Yes, it is. Boris Johnson recognized the benefits himself: "So actually Northern Ireland has got a great deal. You keep free movement, you keep access to the single market. But you also have, as it says in the deal, unfettered access to GB."
(Link to the video of BoJo giving that pep talk to NI business people: https://www.buzzfeed.com/albertonardelli/boris-johnson-northern-ireland-brexit-deal-explained)

I notice you quoted Mr Norman somewhat selectively, he also mentioned his preferred solutions.
"Mr Norman added: “By far the easiest solution would be to agree a time limited veterinary/food standards agreement. I understand why the Government is not favourably disposed to this solution, but it is by far the best way of delivering a smooth trade flow.”
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/archie-norman-northern-ireland-m-s-brexit-irish-sea-b946923.html

On the first bit, precisely. On the second, nothing selective at all, because I didn't hear that bit on the interview. I may simply have missed it, as I was driving.

Sure, a time limited SPS agreement would offer a solution, but the hitch is in those vital words 'time' and 'limited'. It represents a further kicking of the can down the road.

Boris has been PM for about 2 years. The EU has a long and thoroughly dishonourable history of lying, concealment of intent, of obfuscation, and of ignoring the rules when it suits its purposes.

Johnson was a child of the EU. He went to primary school in Brussels with Ursula von der Leyen, for goodness sake. He knows how it operates.

"When it becomes serious, you have to lie." ™/The EU.
We’ve had the Prince Boris, hostage child at the Court of King Cyrus shtick before from you. I’ve asked you many times how low you are prepared to go in supporting him and I think we now have an answer.

There's nothing fresh about Frosty's proposal.
Ultimately it’s a question of how many bargaining chips Boris & Frosty have left on the table. They can posture, they can threaten but it’s not going to get them very far. Ultimatum shmultatum

We’ve had the Prince Boris, hostage child at the Court of King Cyrus shtick before from you. I’ve asked you many times how low you are prepared to go in supporting him and I think we now have an answer.

You do come up with some most remarkable claptrap, and a uniquely sly way of articulating it.

You cannot condemn Johnson as a liar without acknowledging the EU's own appalling relationship with the truth. It is a matter of relativity.

I've said it before, having a vicar's daughter dealing with that snake pit was never going to work. It may well be that even Johnson isn't snake enough.

Hostage child! You have got some bloody front.

I can still get my Big Macs and Nando’s, so what’s the fuss about?

I’m not defending the EU in any sense, but Johnson has no idea how it operates. All he was concerned about was getting the next laugh for his newspaper column. Joker plays to the crowd.

I'm not deflecting from anything.

What is your obvious solution?

Not delfecting my eye, you are determined to have Johnson's celebrated agreement as somehow the EU's fault. You write one balanced piece the other day, then it's back to Telegraph style drinking of Johnson's bathwater.

The obvious solution is to find a way of matching standards and regs. Far from kicking the can down the road, it provides a situation where you can work on the systems needed to properly support divergence. I'm guessing Johnson will avoid that at all costs because there is no benefit to the UK from divergence, it simply does not stack up. That sort of claptrap only works on an emotional level for people who don't really care about any implications - mostly not in NI and many reading the Telegraph.

As soon as you try building a real world 'benefits' case, it falls apart. People would by then be used to it working fine again and they would be loathe to disrupt it again. Brexiteers know this, hence the desire to keep the chaos going.

Well, you just keep posting variations on ‘who signed the agreement’. What is your solution? Sorry if I missed it. Is it to rejoin the EU? Is it whatever you define as a soft brexit? If so, it’s interesting how the effect of years of effort of hard remainers to cancel brexit rather than accept a soft brexit is forgotten about and ignored here.

Let’s nail this blame thing in the hope for less of your own deflection.

The tories are to blame for brexit as a whole, aided in no small way by the LibDems. Not the EU.

For 3 years, the UK parliament had a majority in favour of remain so there really should have been a soft brexit. Hard remainers clearly have some responsibility for there being a hard brexit rather than a soft brexit. They spurned every opportunity for a soft brexit.

The EU is responsible for refusing to re-negotiate an agreement that does not work, risking big problems in N.Ireland. Before you cry out, “why should they re-negotiate a deal the UK said was oven ready and fantastic”, they should do so because they claim to care about the people of N.Ireland. Until they prove it, to someone not fixated with the EU, it looks more like they care about their project and about punishing the UK for its people daring to vote leave in a democratic referendum.

The EU is responsible for refusing to re-negotiate an agreement that does not work, risking big problems in N.Ireland. Before you cry out, “why should they re-negotiate a deal the UK said was oven ready and fantastic”, they should do so because they claim to care about the people of N.Ireland. Until they prove it, to someone not fixated with the EU, it looks more like they care about their project and about punishing the UK for its people daring to vote leave in a democratic referendum.

So they should just capitulate and give Johnson what he wants. Reward the tactics of making agreements you have no intention of sticking to with a view to changing them later?

I wouldn't and I am absolutely sure you wouldn't, were it not Brexit related. There is no chance of a relationship with the EU while Johnson is there.

Oh and spare me the "concern for the people of NI" who Johnson has just played like a fiddle, ask Arleen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back