advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect... XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Things might have turned out differently had the Lord of Misrule been re-elected as they had hoped,

“The government has blamed a "technical error" for a Boris Johnson tweet congratulating Joe Biden on his US election victory which faintly showed the name "Trump" in the background.”
BBC.

While Boris is busy fighting Europe and America simultaneously maybe China will enter the war in earnest?

I think it is more like cheap plonk with a label deliberately designed to fool the unwary into thinking it’s something rather better. Chateau b’Yquem, anyone?
How about a bit of positivity round here? We’re getting 7p off a bottle of Australian Chardonnay courtesy of Liz Truss.

But these stupid and vindictive rules are the same ones that Johnson signed up to to get brexit done. As usual the rich ruling elite thought that the EU would just cave in after the 6months. Are they that stupid or is it there divine right to just expect everyone to do as the Conservatives want.

Let's explore this idea that the agreement Johnson signed is somehow "unworkable".

The Brexit deal that he signed was designed specifically to meet UK red lines and demands places NI effectively within the EU single market. It wasn't their decision to divide the country into two different trade zones – that was ours. There was a temporary solution for some food exports to give the UK time to prepare and that is coming to the end without the UK having done anything - sound familiar?

The British government is acting like this is an outrage to whip up people who are either anti-EU zealots on any basis or can't be arsed to inform themselves – but there's nothing new here it was exactly what was signed. It all comes down to Johnson not wanting the ERG to see him align with EU food hygiene standards, despite knowing this was coming.

As for the DUP, well they supported something for their own purposes that the majority of their population rejected, they have made themselves irrelevent and have demonstrated where trust in Johnson gets you. The EU might have spotted that, as if they needed any more evidence of his duplicity.

Your post is highly facile and disingenuous, calculated to offend any logical clear thinking by your audience.
You seem to think that the citizens of NI are all good law abiding ones and that shipments incoming to NI from GB could not be broken down and redistributed or the whole shipment simply re badged.
What is absurd is that you don’t allow for the inevitable black and grey market economy that will flourish. I for one don’t want my food stuffs to become contaminated by whatever tat BJ & cronies allow in under their international trade agreements

EV is, to use a popular term, a 'hater'. He lives in a binary world of all good (England) and all bad (the EU). Like most Brexiteers, he has an over active amygdala so the majority of his posts are objective/rational/fact-free zones.

Not this one, Kirk. I underestimated the degree of vindictiveness on the part of the EU, which was perhaps silly of me considering that I had been watching its unpleasant antics for many years, and it was those very antics that compelled me to vote to leave.

"Not this one"? Not many.

Anyway, no Brexiteer to date has been able to answer that question. Sounds like you wanted a soft Brexit a la May's deal though.

XKfvUcQ.jpg

John, its a very long time since America was a province of Great Britain.

Positions swapped ages ago. Try and keep up.
Biden’s meeting with Spaffer should be interesting. Doubtless there will be usual anodyne press release.

“Brexit bombshell:
The Times last night dropped a blistering front page scoop that top U.S. diplomat to London Yael Lempert bawled out Brexit Minister David Frost — accusing the U.K. of “inflaming” tensions in its refusal to impose the customs checks on goods it signed up to. Patrick Maguire and Oliver Wright report that she issued London with a “démarche” — a formal reprimand that wouldn’t normally be used for allies, especially not those with a special relationship. She said Biden would raise his concerns at the meeting with Johnson and () in public this weekend. And she said that if Britain signed up to EU agricultural standards it would not prevent the U.K. striking a trade deal with the U.S. — blowing a hole in the Downing Street argument against doing so. No response from No. 10 last night.

Fighting talk: One Conservative Brexiteer said Biden should row in behind Britain and not the EU in the dispute to break the deadlock. “America should remember who their allies are,” the person told Playbook. Asked what Johnson should tell Biden, the MP added: “Unfortunately he’s so senile that he probably won’t remember what we tell him anyway. Unless an aide is listening I’m not sure he’s going to remember for very long.” Erm. Wow.”

The selfishness, delusions and arrogance of Brexit and brexiteers writ large there.

Obama must be laughing.

The oven (heating element not working) ready deal was purely a false headline, of the tradition, delivered by Johnson to depose Theresa May as PM and in usurping her, secure his place as Prime Minister. The con was operated on the public and the 27 states of the EU. The problem is that the big lie has come unstuck and everyone can see it, the Americans, the Europeans and the public (apart from the true believers). Eventually the penny will drop with the voters and in anticipation of this, Johnson and his alternates attack the EU directly and the American government slyly. This is only going to go in one direction and it’s to a bad place.

Surely we could use his oven to cook some sausages. Problem solved.

The Telegraph in full flow:

"The imperial EU is blind to the folly of its unequal Northern Ireland Brexit treaty. The protocol isn't just law. It was imposed on the UK by Brussels at the moment of our greatest weakness."

More concentrated Telegraph:

"Biden should keep his sneering anti-British, anti-Brexit views to himself."

Looks like Boris and Frost have been told to wind their necks in by the US over the NIP. 'Humiliation', 'slapped down', 'furious', etc etc. Breakthrough US-UK trade deal looking good.

Let's explore this idea that the agreement Johnson signed is somehow "unworkable".

The Brexit deal that he signed was designed specifically to meet UK red lines and demands places NI effectively within the EU single market. It wasn't their decision to divide the country into two different trade zones – that was ours. There was a temporary solution for some food exports to give the UK time to prepare and that is coming to the end without the UK having done anything - sound familiar?

The British government is acting like this is an outrage to whip up people who are either anti-EU zealots on any basis or can't be arsed to inform themselves – but there's nothing new here it was exactly what was signed. It all comes down to Johnson not wanting the ERG to see him align with EU food hygiene standards, despite knowing this was coming.

As for the DUP, well they supported something for their own purposes that the majority of their population rejected, they have made themselves irrelevent and have demonstrated where trust in Johnson gets you. The EU might have spotted that, as if they needed any more evidence of his duplicity.
Yes, so it is unworkable and may cost lives. You don’t have to convince me how bad Johnson and the tories are, though you seem to dislike me pointing out the tories being put into govt is the main problem.

There needs to be a way out and the way out is not this unworkable deal.

That makes no sense at all, it has no relevance to what I said.

I’m talking about the here and now. The reality is a workable agreement needs to be reached, insisting something unworkable must be followed is pushing someone off your cliff.

Look at the big picture, you have two large power blocks, the EU and the USA neither gain any benefit whatsoever from bending to Britain’s will, especially as Britain is perceived as having shot it’s self in the feet having gone for Brexit. So who is going to give way?, this is what people were warned about but it’s what they voted for. So basically the UK is going to have to eat crap and look like it’s enjoying it, gerroverit.

Look at the big picture, you have two large power blocks, the EU and the USA neither gain any benefit whatsoever from bending to Britain’s will, especially as Britain is perceived as having shot it’s self in the feet having gone for Brexit. So who is going to give way?, this is what people were warned about but it’s what they voted for. So basically the UK is going to have to eat crap and look like it’s enjoying it, gerroverit.
Who is talking about anyone giving way?

Let’s be clear as you are insisting on making comments unrelated to my post. Is your position that this unworkable deal must be followed regardless of the consequences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back